Ebay refused to help me after buyer refunded, Item delivered.

So i'm lost a refund case, So a buyer asked me if I would do international postage, I never had any issues, So i foolishly? said yes, I also told him that do to the pandamic it could take awhile to arrive to italy.

Anyways the seller asked for a refund just little after a month, ebay accepted the refund, and on feb 1, he got the game.

So i am down $280 dollars+ the game. 

is there nothing I can do?

I'm not a big seller, just a guy trying to sell his collection due to having money issues. 

Thanks to anyone who listen to this badly punctuated, bad spelling trash post. 😞 

YgFcSjn.png

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have Italy on my list of places I don't post to due to lost/stolen mail and dishonest buyer/sellers.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'm the same as kopenhagen - have not sold to Italy for more than 10 years due to items going "missing.

Don't know why, but the Southern European countries are far worse than their Nothern counterparts.

Get onto live chat tomorrow and tell them that you posted it within your time frame and that it has been delivered (after all, that's what tracking is there for!). Tell them that they have prematurely refunded the buyer for an item that was still in transit in a pandemic.

Also, if you're going to continue to sell overseas, I suggest you change your handling time to the max possible.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Frustrating I know. I had a similar experience here in Australia early last year 2020. Sent an item interstate via registered post just as everything was going into shutdown. No updated tracking info showed on Aust Post website as they were not scanning anything and item probably stuck somewhere. Item was finally delivered after 28 days , 7 days after I refunded the money. So of course I could not send another invoice via ebay I then had to resort to settle outside of ebay via Paypal alone. That in itself was painful as the buyer did not know how to pay via Paypal on its own. Finally got the money after I offered another discount and the grubby buyer then leaves negative feedback! Nice guys finish last. 

And your story reminds me of a sale I made to Spain in 2019 with $300 worth of goodies , claiming they never arrived. Posted two items to Spain on the same day , one a large envelope , the other a small envelope. The small one got delivered , the large was nowhere to be found. Something was not right there.

And I just posted an item to Italy yesterday - let's see how that pans out.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@grimace09 wrote:

Frustrating I know. I had a similar experience here in Australia early last year 2020. Sent an item interstate via registered post just as everything was going into shutdown. No updated tracking info showed on Aust Post website as they were not scanning anything and item probably stuck somewhere. Item was finally delivered after 28 days , 7 days after I refunded the money. So of course I could not send another invoice via ebay I then had to resort to settle outside of ebay via Paypal alone. That in itself was painful as the buyer did not know how to pay via Paypal on its own. Finally got the money after I offered another discount and the grubby buyer then leaves negative feedback! Nice guys finish last. 

And your story reminds me of a sale I made to Spain in 2019 with $300 worth of goodies , claiming they never arrived. Posted two items to Spain on the same day , one a large envelope , the other a small envelope. The small one got delivered , the large was nowhere to be found. Something was not right there.

And I just posted an item to Italy yesterday - let's see how that pans out.

Why? Unless your items are ones that attract a premium from overseas buyers. And you don't think Italy is a red flag.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply