Ebay relisting old listings

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else...

Over the past few days ebay has relisted some old listings of mine. When I say old listings I mean items that I have not had listed for 6-`12 months. I am not even sure where they are pulling these listings from as they were not in my ended listings and were not automatic relistings as I have not had stock for these items for many months. They are being listed as new listings which I have not created - that is the listing is most definitely mine created from a listing I had in the past but as far as listing them now I am not the one listing them. 

At the same time I have noticed some of my listings disappear - only three so far, but I am not sure why this is happening as these items still had stock and were still selling so should have been automatically relisting. The other unusual thing is when the listing disappear they do not go into the ended  listings list they just literally disappear.

Has this been happening to anyone else? I have contacted ebay and they said that there are no problems with the site and they didn't seem to think it was an issue that listings were just listing themselves...\

My sales have fallen dramatically within the past two months. I thought it was just due to a natural slow down after Christmas and before an election but now I am wondering if something else is wrong.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, I have had sold items relisted. The last time was recently when I discovered an item was listed that I sold when I started selling around 2 years ago. It was only sheer luck that I noticed it. I have also had it happen previously a few times. The only reason I found out the first time was because someone bought the item and I knew I'd previously sold it. Thankfully the buyer was understanding.

Now, I check my listings every Sunday to make sure there are no rogue listings appearing.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Same for me last week.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

it's been happening on and off for YEARS....I've been caught a few times, so have others. There are many old threads about it

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Is this related to items i've sold an ebay sending me an email to relist even though they have sold ages ago?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No I didn't receive an email asking me to relist - I received emails telling me that my items had been listed even though I had not relisted them. If I didn't get the email notification of the items being listed I would never had of known. These are listings that had ended well over 6 months ago, one closer to 12 months ago, and if I had wanted to relist myself the item would not have been available to relist and I would have had to create the listing as a new listing. That is what I cant understand - the listings were no longer available for me to see but ebay could relist them

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply