Ebay return Polocy and is support for fraud

It is beyond disgusting how ebay rules in the buyer's favour every time there is "not as described case".  And they say we do not take sides!! Cough cough....

So I have this buyer that opened a case saying that the item ' not new and has pieces ripped off"!!    They did not respond to our response or provide any pictures before escalating the case.    After they had escalated the case they sent me through the inbox the pictures and their explanation.   It turns out that there NO MISSING PECIES but rather it is the tape on the corners of the box that are there from the manufacturer that bothered them!! lol....We explained that all toy boxes have tape on them.  They said that not what they have ever seen!!   LOLOLOLOLOL...

When writing to ebay explaining to them that......  all i got the same automated responses cut and pasted by their half trained robots in the Philippine. ..they kept on quoting to me what the buyer wrote " missing pieces...blah blah"   and attaching a link to their policy.  

I have Tried several times always the same response.    Then I tried several times to ask for a link or email to forward the pictures the buyer sent and their responses.   I got a reply for an email that did not work.  It said that it does not receive correspondent on it!

So I try again at least 3 emails before another half trained robot reply with the same email and a link to " how to make attachment in emails " ….

….. for dummies!!! 

…OH THE RAGE!!!

Buy this stage i have totally lost it as you can imagine.....so I wrote back.... of course the next repose was " we do not care about messages sent out side of ebay" !!!!    ....Not sure why they had to assume they were out side ebay…..did they not read whay I wrote or was it English problem…...

I try next calling....after 40 min on hold a robot from the Philippines  answers  and he kept on repeating the same thing over and over again....that the  buyer said " its not new"  therefor too bad for you!! ."anything else I can help you with mam!""!!!      Did not care about the illogic of it all or anything else the buyer had said or the pictures. 

" that is your policy...anything else I can do for you mam"!! 

Today I received the toy back.  Its in absolute great condition and as new as! 

I am aware that the way ebay handles cases is all automated.  Nobody reads anything.   The last time I had a return request for wrong item sent  which I fixed by resending .  After the buyer received their new item  eBay refunded them regardless!!  Which totally suggest that nothing was read.  All that is important to them is the title of the case. 

Disgusted would be an understatement.   Considering I paid ebay well over 35,000$ in fees. And this is how you get shut down.  Seriously….who is employing who here!!  

Because ebay enjoys a “monopoly”  they can certainly say “ take it or leave it”!!  Regardless of the legality of it!   I am quite certain that this sort of practice goes against Australia Consumer Laws!     

Rest assured I will be filing a case with the office of fair trading. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I bought A ITEM  it not work the item is power bank pick it not Charging up I can't usd it I am trying to get a refund I paid with pay pal  191909948817 item no.  

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

time has got to post ? 4 days to go I though
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

You bought 2 of these items, both from Chinese sellers with very poor feedback, if they were both faulty then you need to contact the sellers first then if they won't help you open a case with eBay under the "Money Back Guarantee" .

Be aware that you only have 30 days from the arrival date to open a case with eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

To add, you should start your own thread with your problem and not highjack someone elses that has no bearing on your problem.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

yes freind it is common to see sellers being ripped by Ebay policies , not as discribed policy is freudlent , I have been robbed a number of times from USA buyers , but no more I closed down all sales outside Australia so the the theives cannot rob me and I don't have to put up with the robots maybe it should be called theivebay

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

red is a buyer. Did you actually read their rant?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@canaryyellow2013 wrote:

It is beyond disgusting how ebay rules in the buyer's favour every time there is "not as described case".  And they say we do not take sides!! Cough cough....

So I have this buyer that opened a case saying that the item ' not new and has pieces ripped off"!!    They did not respond to our response or provide any pictures before escalating the case.    After they had escalated the case they sent me through the inbox the pictures and their explanation.   It turns out that there NO MISSING PECIES but rather it is the tape on the corners of the box that are there from the manufacturer that bothered them!! lol....We explained that all toy boxes have tape on them.  They said that not what they have ever seen!!   LOLOLOLOLOL...

When writing to ebay explaining to them that......  all i got the same automated responses cut and pasted by their half trained robots in the Philippine. ..they kept on quoting to me what the buyer wrote " missing pieces...blah blah"   and attaching a link to their policy.  

I have Tried several times always the same response.    Then I tried several times to ask for a link or email to forward the pictures the buyer sent and their responses.   I got a reply for an email that did not work.  It said that it does not receive correspondent on it!

So I try again at least 3 emails before another half trained robot reply with the same email and a link to " how to make attachment in emails " ….

….. for dummies!!! 

…OH THE RAGE!!!

Buy this stage i have totally lost it as you can imagine.....so I wrote back.... of course the next repose was " we do not care about messages sent out side of ebay" !!!!    ....Not sure why they had to assume they were out side ebay…..did they not read whay I wrote or was it English problem…...

I try next calling....after 40 min on hold a robot from the Philippines  answers  and he kept on repeating the same thing over and over again....that the  buyer said " its not new"  therefor too bad for you!! ."anything else I can help you with mam!""!!!      Did not care about the illogic of it all or anything else the buyer had said or the pictures. 

Today I received the toy back.  Its in absolute great condition and as new as! 

I am aware that the way ebay handles cases is all automated.  Nobody reads anything.   The last time I had a return request for wrong item sent  which I fixed by resending .  After the buyer received their new item  eBay refunded them regardless!!  Which totally suggest that nothing was read.  All that is important to them is the title of the case. 

Disgusted would be an understatement.   Considering I paid ebay well over 35,000$ in fees. And this is how you get shut down.  Seriously….who is employing who here!!  

Because ebay enjoys a “monopoly”  they can certainly say “ take it or leave it”!!  Regardless of the legality of it!   I am quite certain that this sort of practice goes against Australia Consumer Laws!     

Rest assured I will be filing a case with the office of fair trading. 

Ring eBay.

Or request a callback.

Don't keep emailing - it has not got you satisifaction, so why persist ?

When you ring... don't be abusive.   Hold your tounge.

Request to speak to a supervisor if the person who initially handles your call does not respond in a fair or satisfactory manner.

With eBay, my advice is to point you to the proverb that you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Ring eBay and request the call back as Cats suggested.

im having a similar issue. Buyer is claiming not as described. Jeans were W34/L34. I included the measurements, length being 110cm.

now apparently on the fabric tag inside the jeans, it has amongst all the other country sizing L34/L32. This is what the buyer is disputing, however at no time did I refer or mention L32 in the description. I have also rung the company who confirmed L34 is 110cm and L32 is 106-107cm. Also emailed another seller who is selling the same style jeans in W34/L32 who confirmed the length as 107cm.

explained this to the buyer who refuses to accept it. So agreed to return given I only had a few days to respond, couldn't be bothered dealing with the hassle. Uploaded return postage label. A week later buyer has not returned item.

So I  ring eBay, explained all of the above and said its actually change of mind/buyer's remorse. So officer says ok I will escalate and see if I can close it in your favour. I said well as long as it is not closed and found in favour of the buyer. I also said as its change of mind I shouldn't have to refund postage which was 3kg express that the buyer chose, nor the return postage.

10 mins later I get an email saying dispute has been closed and found in favour of the buyer.  **bleep**! 

Back on the phone (and request a callback each time). So here's where things start to make sense.

The email is a generic email that is sent automatically once escalated. (So much for investigating). eBay emailed the buyer advising they have 10 days to return the item, which I said was slightly unfair given I had already waited a week and he hadn't bothered to return the item.  They have now uploaded their own tracking and postage (of which I will not be refunding).  The second person said that there are notes on file stating this is change of mind and therefore postage is not refundable.

they also told me, which I was not aware of as probably many others are not aware either, that before you accept a return you can contact eBay and explain your side. Had I done that, they would have closed the dispute in my favour given it was a change of mind!

i wish people would read the bloody descriptions properly!!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I called!  

All he had to say "  that is your opinion" ,  and  " That is your policy."  ... .  "  This is ebay's policy"   .

I did ask him to speak to his supervisor and he said " we are not allowed to give it to you" !!!!!!!   

And he pointed out that the answer will be the same does not matter who you speak to.

And kept repeating in their Pilipino -american accent  ...."  anything else i can help you with mam?"  

roll my eyes...

" Thank you for choosing ebay".  ..in Pilipino -american accent 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply