Ebay's Survey

Just did an eBay surves on another Selling ID.... One of the questions was Would you be happy with eBay charging a Flat Rate FVF Fee on Postage of $5.00 for Items weighing under 20 lbs (Pounds)... Naturally I selected NO.. Could this be a new way eBay are looking at hitting the seller again. This could hurt a lot of sellers. I sell lots of items and postage is onlt $2.10.. Even Satchels $8.00 I dont think this should even be on their agenda..

Crowsman

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay's Survey

@crowsman53 wrote:

Just did an eBay surves on another Selling ID.... One of the questions was Would you be happy with eBay charging a Flat Rate FVF Fee on Postage of $5.00 for Items weighing under 20 lbs (Pounds)... Naturally I selected NO.. Could this be a new way eBay are looking at hitting the seller again. This could hurt a lot of sellers. I sell lots of items and postage is onlt $2.10.. Even Satchels $8.00 I dont think this should even be on their agenda..

Crowsman

It's a fairly crazy question, considering that in order for $5 to be no more than the FVF on postage now, the cost would have to be $50+, which is pretty darn rare for most domestic items. $5 FVF on postage would kill plenty of sellers, so if they were well and truly considering this option, I guess it would be purely to get sellers to switch to free postage. Which would be a joke - why do they always have to use a whip to herd sellers where they want them? I can't imagine going through life where punishment is the first thought over reward. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I didn't get the survey, but eBay - if you're interested - I, and I think many others, would be happy if you had a capped FVF on postage where the maximum was $5.00. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

Are they saying a Flat Rate Postage of $5, or a Flat Rate FVFs on Postage?

I'd love eBay to offer a Flat Rate Postage of $5 for any item up to 20lbs  ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard..

are you sure they don't mean that the fvf will be on postage amount of $5, that is,  capped at 50c ?... that certainly makes sense.. still means that if you post items for $2.10 you lose still, but certainly seems a far more reasonable proposition than the one you are indicating.

Most of my items are around $10 free post.. to pay $5 on top of actual postage, is absolutely outrageous.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

I didn't get that question on my survey. Do they all have different questions? Most of my questions were to do with the size of postage labels (which I don't use) and who pays return postage. Plus one about the phone app.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

cq_tech
Community Member
What is it with eBay and their bloody greed? They shouldn't be charging FVF on postage at all, yet now they're asking us how much we're prepared to be slugged? FGS, does their avarice have no bounds?
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

@digital*ghost wrote:

@crowsman53 wrote:

Crowsman

It's a fairly crazy question, considering that in order for $5 to be no more than the FVF on postage now, the cost would have to be $50+, which is pretty darn rare for most domestic items. $5 FVF on postage would kill plenty of sellers, so if they were well and truly considering this option, I guess it would be purely to get sellers to switch to free postage. Which would be a joke - why do they always have to use a whip to herd sellers where they want them? I can't imagine going through life where punishment is the first thought over reward. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I didn't get the survey, but eBay - if you're interested - I, and I think many others, would be happy if you had a capped FVF on postage where the maximum was $5.00. 

This is the sruvey Imessage I got and the suryey Link maybe I got something wrong buy I dont think so.

We need your help. We're always trying to improve the eBay experience, and there's no better group of advisors than our customers. We'd love to get your insight on how we can enhance the experiences that eBay sellers have when listing and selling on the site. Please help us out by completing this 12 minute survey that lets you evaluate a number of different features that we are considering implementing. Your input will help us make eBay easier and more enjoyable to use.

To take the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste the link into your browser.

https://survey.ebay.com/survey/selfserve/9e5/eby14022s4?source=MnjvJOHcnJ

Thanks for being a part of the eBay community, and we hope to see you on eBay again soon.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

I'm sure you understood the question correctly, I'm just bemused by the question itself, when it so clearly shows the way they think (i.e. punish or kill off sellers that have separate postage costs, rather than implement genuine and workable / flexible incentives to allow more sellers to adopt the post included model if that's what they truly feel everyone must have), and particularly when they try to put in in the context of asking sellers what would help them and improve the site.

If they were serious about listening to the concerns and needs of sellers, many of whom have been running businesses for years on various scales, and have found eBay to thus far be a (relatively) decent venue because each and every one has - generally - been able to tailor their business models the way it works best for them, they wouldn't ask such stupid questions - it's like if someone was rushed to the hospital with serious blood loss and the doctor ignores the problem and just goes "would you be happy if I kicked you in the guts?"*

The patient says "no sir, I would not", so the doctor's all like "well, I listened to your needs and good news! I won't kick you in the guts right now". 

*There's probably one patient every now and then who'll reply "yes, please do, it'll at least distract me from the pain caused by all the other things happening, and might even put me out of my misery."

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

Wish our Federal government would send a similar memo to Ebay, asking if they'd like to repay all the tax they've avoided in one go -- or if they'd like to pay in increments over a twelve month period (no extensions)

after which Ebay would of course be required to pay tax on every Aussie dollar they make

Then I'd like the UK and the rest of Europe and the US etc. to demand Ebay pay its way or shove off

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay's Survey

What I find insane and hard to swallow is how any of the Fair Trade bureau' s can allow Ebay to charge a fee for a service they are not providing...... In any other industry this would be called FRAUD!

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply