Ebay's customer service is a lier

I contacted eBay customer service as eBay restricted my account for 7 days for incorrect reason. The rep from eBay reviewed my case and told me this restriction was a mistake and that he would uplift the restriction for me in the next few hours. 

However, after 48 hours, nothing happened. I lost sales for two days. Then I tried to contact them again, the other rep told me the previous rep got wrong and he won't do anything for me but wait for the restriction removed after 7 days.

Why can they lie to me? I am a seller on eBay for 8 years, but I think it might be the last year here. Kogan, Mydeal, Catch, Amazon AU are all better managed than eBay AU.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebay's customer service is not great. When you chat with a rep, they're based in a developing country like the Phillipines and have almost zero practical knowledge of how Ebay works. They will tell you anything to get you off the chat and make you think your issue is resolved.

I'm glad you think the other platforms are better managed - I'm on the Amazon forums and their customer service for sellers is abysmal.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Yes, I used to have 6000+ skus on eBay, currently only left 2000+, I believe in the next year, I will remove them all from eBay. Very hard to deal with their customer service. In these years, you can seldom find good stuffs on eBay now. But most famous brands are selling on Amazon AU.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

@xhunter_au wrote:

I contacted eBay customer service as eBay restricted my account for 7 days for incorrect reason.

However, after 48 hours, nothing happened. I lost sales for two days.

Was the restriction on this account ?  I can see you have no current listings BUT you have certainly had a lot of sales in the last couple of days.

With over 110,000 feedback as a seller over 8 years you aren't doing too badly it seems - I imagine your actual sales are a lot higher than that - so maybe weather the storm and stick with eBay. The other sites are certainly not certain to be better for you, and as said their CS is no better than eBay.

To be honest your neutrals and negs aren't doing you any favours, 98.8% for a high-volume seller is not really inspiring.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

The listings are not able to show because of the restriction, only the sponsored listings are active. The sales drop a lot. The neg and neutral feedback all happened during Covid, because of the delivery and restock issues.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@padi - the negs and neutrals aren't really an issue as many sellers have a much lower feedback score than the OP and are still selling. 98.8% is not a bad score for a high volume seller at all.

I think the issue here is deeper - perhaps the OP can tell us what reason Ebay did give him for the suspension?

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

98.8% is not a bad score for a high volume seller at all

Yes it is.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

@padi - the negs and neutrals aren't really an issue as many sellers have a much lower feedback score than the OP and are still selling. 98.8% is not a bad score for a high volume seller at all.

In most cases, I’d agree about percentage rate for high volume seller, but I still always look at feedback received and this seller seems to receive multiple negs and neutrals about poor quality items. 
I haven’t actually looked at his items for sale, but just the negs and neutrals would be enough to hit the back button. I would not buy from this seller. 
Sorry OP…. But I’d suggest taking these customer issues up with your stock supplier. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@xhunter_au wrote:

The listings are not able to show because of the restriction, only the sponsored listings are active. The sales drop a lot. The neg and neutral feedback all happened during Covid, because of the delivery and restock issues.

You won't like what I have to say. First up, this must by now be at least about day 4 of your restriction as you said nothing had been reinstated after 48 hours and that was a couple of days back.  Ebay reps-I've often heard of people getting conflicting advice off  different reps. You are probably not going to get anywhere so you may as well wait it out, there are only 3 more days to go.

Yes, it will affect your business to some extent. That is ebay's intent as a punishment/consequence. Why was your account restricted?

You claim the negs and neutrals are all down to covid. Yet quite a few of the negs & neutrals are from the last month. Covid has been with us for 2 years and you've had plenty of time to adjust your business. For starters, I buy quite a bit online-not just through ebay- and postage is pretty well normal. I am not waiting weeks and weeks for items posted within Australia. Get your act together, you can't use Auspost as your excuse for it all.

Feedback comment after comment was about items never arriving or arriving weeks later. Or you not responding to messages or getting orders wrong. You need to fix that.

As for restocking issues. Don't advertise unless you have the stock. Simple as that. If you know it is on the high seas, wait. I know ebay might be okay with this type of scenario-just in time fulfillment or whatever- but as you've seen, ebay will turn on you if you can't actually fulfill in time.

There are 2 or 3 things buyers really, really hate. I mean really hate.

Stuff that takes a long time to arrive, stuff that they buy and then are later told is not in stock and sellers who don't address their problems. They also aren't keen on poor quality items though I'll admit sometimes they expect the world for very little money.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I had a quick look and item quality looks good for the price. The issue I see is you get a few buyers wanting to pay the lowest price for the highest quality and the internet is bad for that when a professional photo can make an item look better than it is in real life. 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply