Ebay's customer service is a lier

I contacted eBay customer service as eBay restricted my account for 7 days for incorrect reason. The rep from eBay reviewed my case and told me this restriction was a mistake and that he would uplift the restriction for me in the next few hours. 

However, after 48 hours, nothing happened. I lost sales for two days. Then I tried to contact them again, the other rep told me the previous rep got wrong and he won't do anything for me but wait for the restriction removed after 7 days.

Why can they lie to me? I am a seller on eBay for 8 years, but I think it might be the last year here. Kogan, Mydeal, Catch, Amazon AU are all better managed than eBay AU.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You will receive an email why you account is restricted.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

The reason for the suspension is we are selling a shooting tripod, but the system recognize it as an assault firearm, and said it was not allowed to sell, then restrict our account for 7 days. As you can see from chat I attached between the customer service, they admitted that it was a mistake, and promised to uplift our restriction. Then, nothing happened, and the restriction was removed after 7 days time.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

As part of our stock was fulfilled by our 3rd party warehouse, it is hard for us to control the speed of the delivery. The stock in my own warehouse can dispatch in 24 hours.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Any dropshipping/3rd party fulfillment must comply with eBay's policies.

eBay state tbat:

❝If you are using a third party to fulfil your orders, it is your obligation to ensure that your items will be delivered safely within the terms of your eBay listing.❞

You cannot use an excuse by complaining that it is hard for you to control the speed of the delivery. It's your responsbility. You will bear any dissatisfaction from the buyers, and you will bear any punitive action by eBay if items don't arrive within the EDD.

You may have been suspended for reasons other than a misidentification of a shooting tripod.

❝It is your responsibility to ensure that any third-party fulfilment of your orders complies with this policy. If you don't follow these guidelines, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict or suspend you from buying, selling or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit any special account status and/or discounts.❞

See eBay's Third party fulfillment policy.

I'm not sugarcoating my response here, but I am attempting to be helpful in pointing out what the real underlying issue may be.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST: I am personally opposed to purchasing from sellers who are dropshipping. I am a buyer only.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

You have 15 tripods listed. Are any of those the one where ebay suspended you? If so, they'll suspend you again. If you keep relisting it, they'll eventually shut you down for good. In ebay land, it is a life sentence with no parole. Not worth the risk.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply