Ebay sales dropped dramatically 60% in the last month

Hi everyone,

been a seller now on eBay for 10years. Never had this happened before my selling has dropped 60% in the last month. Has anyone else experiencing this.

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Ebay sales dropped dramatically 60% in the last month

gunzel42
Community Member

I've stopped buying because eBay continues to protect problem sellers rather than removing them.  I'm not suggesting you are a problem seller.  Three legitimate negative feedbacks removed by eBay on a disreputable seller who needs to be banned forever and they wonder why I shop elsewhere?

Message 31 of 73
Latest reply

@gunzel42 wrote:

I've stopped buying because eBay continues to protect problem sellers rather than removing them.  I'm not suggesting you are a problem seller.  Three legitimate negative feedbacks removed by eBay on a disreputable seller who needs to be banned forever and they wonder why I shop elsewhere?

Did you follow the rules in regards to leaving negative feedback? 

Was it legitimate, just because you say it was it doesnt mean it is

Message 32 of 73
Latest reply

Totally agree, it’s the same with buyers even looking at items. So thought I would try the promoted thing EBay seems to be getting sellers to undertake. To me it’s just another way of getting those fees they used to charge you when you listed an item. Anyway thought I would try it out but the only difference it does is it puts the word “sponsored” on your listing. One of my promoted listings is higher up the list but another one, well let’s just say I decided to cancel the listing as they were going to charge me $5 if it happened to sell but had hundreds upon hundreds of the same item in front of it that were not paying to be promoted.  I am an above average seller with 100% feedback with not even a neutral to my name but I feel like for the last 6 months or so Ebay seemed to have forgotten the good sellers and put the bad sellers items above good sellers items because they are charging them a higher percentage in final value fees. Ebay are not as good as it used to be and I can see why sellers are dropping like flies

Message 33 of 73
Latest reply

I still pay by PayPal when I buy and will continue to pay that way. I have not been given a deadline to change the way I pay. But as a seller since I changed, well had no choice as I do not have a store, that 99% of buyers pay by other means other than PayPal. I prefer people pay by PayPal cause I then don’t have to wait 3 or 4 days till I get the money as I could go into PayPal straight away and transfer the funds to my bank account so I could use the buyers money that they paid for postage rather than having to use my money

Message 34 of 73
Latest reply

Have you noticed that when you lost something now on EBay you have the option of sharing your listing. The thing is your then doing their work for them and if it sells they still charge you a final value fee even if you sell it on that other site I think you are talking about. If I list something on EBay I’m not gonna share it anywhere. If I want to sell it on another site I will go to that site where no fees are charged and EBay get nothing

Message 35 of 73
Latest reply

Least your getting the views at watches, I’m not even getting that on things that I used to get views on. 

Message 36 of 73
Latest reply

Taking photos at the post office of the item and the receipt for both local and international has always been the norm for me, I even do it when I recently started posting with Sendle although they do not give you a receipt I make sure they log it in and take a photo of the parcel with the person who scanned it in. Not taking chances. Havent needed to use any photos yet but I’m a pessimist and always think something bad is gonna happen and the time I forget to take a photo will be the time I will need it lol

Message 37 of 73
Latest reply

Lol I was trying to work out what you meant by “the big River” then it finally clicked and I knew what you were talking about lol

Message 38 of 73
Latest reply

Thats great. Very happy for you. 

Message 39 of 73
Latest reply

@locall1961 wrote:

Have you noticed that when you lost something now on EBay you have the option of sharing your listing. 

Sharing a listing just posts or sends a link to the eBay listing, it doesn't list it anywhere else - it's a way to (potentially) drive additional traffic to the ebay listing, eg you "share" the listing to Facebook, it doesn't make the item available to buy on Facebook, it means people on Facebook can click a link and go to your listing on eBay. Which in turn means if it sells that way, it sells on eBay.

It's doing a little more work to bring potential buyers to your listings, yes, but a handy tool for anyone who has a Facebook page for their store and wants to share new listings or something. 

Message 40 of 73
Latest reply