Ebay sided with buyer's dispute, after telling me I was in the right

Completely unreal.

So I mailed out an item to a buyer in the UK on the 22nd of January. The post accidently scanned it as "delivered" on the spot. So what does the buyer do? He says he hasn't got it and demanded an update. I told him there's no way it would be delivered this quickly to the UK and that the tracking will update and that he needs to wait until the estimated delivery date.

Fast forward one week later and I get a dispute for item not received. I immediately contact Ebay customer support. The agent told me that because he filed the case too early, the buyer will need to wait until the estimated delivery date of 22nd of March before any further action can be taken. So that was that or so I thought.

I get another message saying if I don't provide valid tracking updates that the case will side with the buyer. Contacted Ebay support again. And again was told the same thing:

"I have checked the details of the case and I can see that the buyer has filed an case against you that the tracking shows the item is delivered to them however tracking shows the item is still in transit. Do not worry, here I suggest you to let the hold gets expired and we will not close the case on buyer's favour."

"Be assure, we will asked the buyer to wait till estimated delivery date to let the item get delivered to them and before that we will not take any actions. So do not worry, no actions will be taken from our end."

And what happens? Case closed and buyer was refunded today. I'm absolutely livid. I filed an appeal and it was immediately rejected, saying that the item was never delivered so they sided with the buyer. I told them to take a look at the chat transcripts on what the other agents told me. And their response? Sorry, can't do anything. If it arrives in 10 days we can submit a 2nd appeal. What the heck? it takes anywhere from a month to 45 days for stuff to arrive to the UK and now I'm barely given enough time.

Super frustrated being told one thing and then having the completely opposite thing happen. Goig to contact the Ebay chat again when it opens to get to the bottom of this bull**bleep**tery.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

that sux.  But thanks for reinforcing my decision to NEVER ship internationally.  A headache I do not need.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

That's really sad that you've been treated this way by eBay. I wish somehow I could wish away your pain.

Unfortunately it has been a problem since mid-December for me. Happened to about 25 parcels in total and then stopped. I raised the issue with AP (and even created a thread about it on this forum) and AP checked it out with the sorting centre.  They spoke to someone who spoke to someone, etc, and the problem got resolved. Luckily it didn't cause any issues for me with buyers, who were understanding.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Keep pursuing it with EBay.  They have told you that the case wouldn't be closed until after the estimated delivery date.  They haven't followed their OWN policies on this, point this out, keep contacting them until they refund you.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I agree with the above. Keep hassling them, every single day. Do not back down!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply