Ebay to start validating addresses - About time but kudos for catching up with 2010 tech

Seriously, why did it take so long for something so simple?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ebay to start validating addresses - About time but kudos for catching up with 2010 tech

Another order today from a buyer with both a PO Box and a physical street address. On the Post Office side of the equation they prefer to drop their mail into the box (less work). In MyPost these address validations fail every time, so happy to see this finally rolled out.

We estimate 50% of our buyers have no idea where they live, cannot spell or know what a <CAPS> key is. Validating every address is so time consuming so hope this 'enhancement' makes a difference...
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: Ebay to start validating addresses - About time but kudos for catching up with 2010 tech

A lot of them don't even know what suburb they live in.

If I ever do a doctorate, it will be on the subject of social status as related to claiming to live in a close, more upmarket suburb than the one AP inconveniently says they do.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

My best one recently was written like this:

xx Errington Rdstalbansvic3021
St Albans Victoria 3021

Second best one was written:

xx Marshes Rd,PO Box xx
Berrigan NSW 2712
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

The whole idea of a post office box was for folks living in odd places or for receiving your 'secret' goods so I don't understand why buyers list both their PO box and street address, it's like giving the contractor a choice of drop off points ?

With a PO box the contractor will not even see the parcel.

Maybe we need Voice'Mail' - "sorry I am not home now, please drop my parcel at my PO box" - yea right, and the poor delivery person will cop abuse either way !

We always send to the PO box purely as an added 'security benefit'.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@gumleaf_goodies wrote:

Second best one was written:

xx Marshes Rd,PO Box xx
Berrigan NSW 2712

That's actually not as silly as it seems, and is likely done to bypass a system that will not accept a PO box as a postal address, by someone who can't get AP delivery to their place of residence.

As someone who's lived at a rural location before, outside of AP's service area, I've had a couple of infuriating conversations with city-based customer service staff from organisations that simply fail to realise some people can't get letters or items delivered to their home and a PO box is the only option available.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

So what am I supposed to put as their address?. I don't use couriers, so not being able to deliver to a PO box is not an issue for my buyers. I just find it very confusing not knowing which addrress to put on the parcel - or do I put both on? (which I did for this parcel). Is it going to confuse the Auspost guy?

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Use the PO Box address - it won't be a problem.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply