Ebay uses different fonts in replies to complaints for some reason.

Here is a few related to another post I made about a buyer (in reverse order)..................

I posted the buyers order before I reported the rest of the messages they left as ebay did nothing when I made my first report. They did nothing and I had no choice, ebay didn't cancel the transaction as I asked, they didn't refund the fees, and they couldn't tell me if they would remove the feedback if ultimately left. The buyer threatend me with negative feedback in the beginning which is against ebay policy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for contacting eBay about reporting this member ............ I am glad to help you.

I can see that the member .............  is inappropriate with his actions so I have taken action on buyer’s account based on our site policies. Since privacy concerns are important to everyone, I am not at liberty to discuss the details of another user’s account. I hope that you understand eBay’s position in this situation. You can be assured that we have definitely looked into this because we take reports of members who break our rules very seriously. This will also assure you that we’ll also keep your account information private.

The actions we take include:

Removing a listing,

Sending the member a warning,

Limiting buying and selling privileges, &/or

Suspending the account

We're glad that you communicated with us and brought this matter to our attention. You have definitely helped us keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for contacting eBay about ............... who has been sending you extremely abusive and threatening messages.

On our end, I can assure you that we have already taken appropriate action on this member’s  account based on our policy on the Misuse of eBay Email Forwarding system. We simply don't allow these types of communication language to be used by trading partners in the ebay messaging system. In this case, we have also made sure that the member who received the warning will be reminded not to do this again, otherwise it will even lead into indefinite suspension for behavioral offense.  We just can't disclose  the specifics of the investigation as we also want to keep your account confidential all the time.

For more information on our Misuse of eBay email forwarding system policy, please click on the link below:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/rfe-unwelcome-email-misuse.html  

Moreover, since we don't have specific features yet to block this member from sending you messages, we have already educated the buyer about this offense so hopefully they will not do it again. Otherwise, we will take another level of disciplinary action against them which may even result to restriction or suspension for worst. I know that you are trying to do your best to help them regarding this, so just communicate through our messaging system in ebay so we will be able to keep records for it.

Learn more about how you can minimize unwanted emails through this link:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/confidence/rfe-unwelcome-email-reducing.html

To avoid this kind of buyer in the future, it would be best to set up buyer requirements and blocked bidder/buyer list.

About buyer requirements, you might choose to block buyers who have a negative feedback score, or whose postage address is in a country you don't post to. Keep in mind that setting buyer requirements, while helpful in reducing the chance of an unpaid item, may also limit the number of bidders or buyers for your listing.

To specify buyer requirements:

1. Click My eBay at the top of most pages. You may need to sign in.

2. Place your mouse pointer over the 'Account' tab, and then select 'Site Preferences.'

3. In the 'Selling Preferences' section, scroll down to 'Buyer requirements,' and then click the 'Show' link.

4. Click the 'Edit' link.

5. Select your buyer requirements, and then click the 'Submit' button.

You can also add buyer requirements just for a specific listing. Select your requirements on the listing form.

In regard to blocked bidder/buyer list, if there's a specific member you decide you don't want to trade with, you can block them from bidding on your listings.

To block certain bidders or buyers:

1. Click the 'Site Map' link at the bottom of most eBay pages.

2. In the 'Sell' column, click the 'Block Bidder/Buyer List' link.

3. Click the 'Add an eBay user to my Blocked Bidder/Buyer List' link.

4. Enter the user IDs of the members that you want to block, and then click the 'Submit' button.

By following the above steps, it can also help you control who can bid or buy on your items.

Thank you for choosing eBay and always keep safe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dylan,

Thanks for contacting eBay about ..........   threat in leaving you negative feedback.

I looked into this report and found that you were able to come up with an agreement your buyer. You did a great job in working things out with the buyer before any Feedback was left.

At this point, while we could say that the buyer has not acted upon his threats, we will continue to monitor  his account in line with your report and take appropriate action when deemed necessary. These actions include removing a listing, sending the member a warning, limiting buying and selling privileges, &/or suspending the account.

Thank you for choosing eBay! Have a great day!

------------------------

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

They left me feedback "good" recently if anyone wanted to block them......I ended breaking the rules as well because ebay did nothing. They have a new account so take what you will...

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

They left me feedback "good" recently if anyone wanted to block them......I ended breaking the rules as well because ebay did nothing. They have a new account so take what you will...

????

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

How can anyone block the buyer when they have no idea who they are.

You need to mention their ID in feedback or followup comments for it to be any use at all.

And what does the title of the thread mean?   What has the font got to do with anything?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I was copying the text directly from the emails where they used different fonts for some reason.. They (the buyer) left 'good' as the the feedback for me. There is no point blocking it though.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

ebay used different fonts in replys

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply