Ebays Top Watched Items Email

Why would i get excited when getting an email titled Ebays Top Watched Items if none of the items are mine?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You wouldn't.

I guess it might be half way interesting to know the popular categories but really, all a seller would like to know is how popular their own categories are.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I don't even read them.  It's just one more time-wasting email from ebay that's more likely to turn buyers off than get them to buy.  Out of all the items on ebay, the chance of them emailing me about something I'd like is slimmer than me winning the lottery.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

The emails that really tick me off are the ones for items I looked at for whatever reason, but a look was all they got. 

They have titles like "still interested in that widget?" - no, eBay, I obviously wasn't even interested enough when I first looked at it to add it to my watch list.

Another one is "Oh hey, we noticed you looked at this item, heaps of other people have already bought it so if you don't buy it now, you might miss out". Smiley Surprised - oh, if I could only curse on these forums. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

LOL... yep I agree.

So much so that I'm getting less likely to browse on ebay now because I know if I do I will get bombarded by emails about things I might also like because I browsed this one.

Makes me try to find things off ebay now as my inboxes fill up with rubbish.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I never see my emails as my email address is one specially set up for ebay, it isn't my real one so i rarely visit it.

But facebook, that's a different matter. I am often on that and I am sick of seeing things I looked at on ebay popping up in the feed.

Luckily they are pretty boring things, food processors or spices, stuff like that.

And not just ebay stuff.

I like to browse real estate sites and up on Facebook come the houses I glanced at.

Honestly, if I wanted to buy the house I would contact the agent.

I tell you what, you wouldn't want to look up anything naughty, it could be embarrassing!

Another thing I hate on ebay is the home page where the list of possible items I might be interested in seems to scroll on forever. I have never been able to get to the bottom. Awful way to arrange a page!!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Haha yes, some weird stuff turns up in those emails but because I sell a lot of car posters I often get notified of collectable cars which are being viewed a lot and getting bids, so it's kinda good for me in a way.

What I don't understand are those emails which say I'm "watching" an item when I never clicked to watch it.  I glanced at it once a few days prior, never set it onto my watch list.  It has happened about five times now.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Ha ha, Facebook. What a scam. That lying fraud Zuckerberg. "I just want people to be connected". Yeah, connected to his wallet
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

And as a seller, ebay sends emails and pop-ups of your own products.

Yes ebay, I did look at these products (because I actually sell them!), and No ebay I do not wish to purchase any from myself.

And I'll let you in on a little secret ebay, I actually purchased them for LESS than advertised on your site...!!!...lol

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply