Editing postage cost to auction with bids

Hi

I have listed an item that has already received a few bids and as I was looking at it earlier, I realised that I have somehow chosen an expensive option for postage.  I only intended on charging $15 for postage, but it states over $30 on my listing? I've obviously done something wrong, but I want to change postage cost as a) it will turn of potential buyers and b) I don't want to have to pay additional fees, as I understand that the new ebay changes mean that you get charged fees based on auction price + postage? On that note, if a buyer decides to pick up item instead of me posting the item, does that mean you don't get charged the fees on the postage? 

thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Editing postage cost to auction with bids

You should be able to edit the listing to reduce shipping costs.  You will not be charged FVF on shipping if you indicate "local pickup" with 0 shipping costs on the invoice at the end of the auction.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If you are unable to edit the postage - which I don't think you will be able to, because you have bids

you can add to the description - there will be a blank space for you to type in and it will appear at the bottom of the listing

make it in fairly big font and put a few words e.g.

NOTE:  Actual postage will only be  $15.00    - pickup also available

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I can't den to edit? I will try again, but in the meantime, do you know if I change postage cost at end of auction and send a revised invoice to buyer, will I then only get charged fees based on revised postage?

Many Thanks
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply