Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing ...

I was attemtping to list an item when I got this message:

'Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing on eBay, please register now at ebay.com/startpayments.{e72478-1134536x}'

So I went to the link and attempted to register. I was only able to 'express interest'... no idea what this is all about and why I'm not able to list any more.

Anyone else copping this?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing ...

The announcement of Managed Payments has been all over Ebay for the last 12 months or more.

Adyen have taken over from Paypal as the payment processor.

You will need to find a way to sign up as you will not be able to list until you do so.

I've been on the new system since July last year and it is being rolled out across the system over several months.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks... they've made it impossible to register. Guess I'll have to pack up and leave.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Go to this help page, scroll down to the end, and use the "Have us call you" option (8am-8pm) - eBay have a dedicated managaed payements team, and they are the only department "on call" at the moment, but hopefully they can advise what you can do, or fix it. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/payouts-work-managed-payments-sellers?id=4814

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks, but I do not want them calling me at work. All I want to do is register, but pressing the 'register' button just takes me to my seller hub with no further clues.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

I see they've now made it completely impossible to contact them, whereas previously it just used to be nearly impossible.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

See ya.

If you have been restricted, then you almost certain you have ignored the notifications to register.

eBay send emails, plaster it all over seller hub. It's hard to miss if you check your account occasionally.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

No emails in regard to this at all (I searched) and nothing on Seller Hub whatsoever.

But thanks so much for your concern and wonderful assistance ...SEE YA!!!

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I'm still here. And successfully registered. Was not hard

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@kustomizer99 wrote:

So I went to the link and attempted to register. I was only able to 'express interest'...

I feel like this bit needs to be repeated, because it was obviously missed the first time around.

Has everyone forgotten that you can't register for MP unless eBay invite you to register? 

Does everyone expect the rollout will be smooth sailing for everyone (despite many posts to the contrary) or do they just not believe a glitch such as being restricted for not registering, but not actually having the ability to register is impossible for eBay? (lol)

@Kustom, unless you work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, the call back option is the best one (as stated, it's available 8am to 8pm weekdays, 9am to 7pm on Saturdays, as well), otherwise your only other option is chat (same hours).

There's a "register" link on this page, but for me on this account it just takes me to a page where eBay say they'll email me if / when I'm required to register. If the issue is a redirection one, maybe that link will work (i.e. double-check that they have kept you on the AU site through their notification link - lots of them take you to other countries' sites).

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply