Ending an auction early, offer received

I have received an offer on an item with bids on, can I end the auction early & how will I invoice the buyer?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Has the person made a bid? - he should, if he is a genuine buyer - then you can choose "sell item to high bidder" and end listing.

It it was me, I would not end the listing with bids, but that's just me.   It seems unfair to the other bidders.   I would make him bid if he wants it.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/end_early.html

To end a listing early and cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder:

1. Go to My eBay > Selling and find the item.
  2. From the More actions drop-down menu, select End My Listing Early.
  3. If there are bids on your item, choose how you want to end your listing.
    • If there are 12 or more hours before the end of the listing, select Cancel bids and end listing early or Sell item to high bidder.
    • If there are fewer than 12 hours before the end of the listing, your only option is Sell item to high bidder.

Note: If your item has no bids, you can skip this step

1. Select the reason you're ending your listing early and click End My Listing.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Has the person made a bid? - he should, if he is a genuine buyer - then you can choose "sell item to high bidder" and end listing.

It it was me, I would not end the listing with bids, but that's just me.   It seems unfair to the other bidders.   I would make him bid if he wants it.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/end_early.html

To end a listing early and cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder:

1. Go to My eBay > Selling and find the item.
  2. From the More actions drop-down menu, select End My Listing Early.
  3. If there are bids on your item, choose how you want to end your listing.
    • If there are 12 or more hours before the end of the listing, select Cancel bids and end listing early or Sell item to high bidder.
    • If there are fewer than 12 hours before the end of the listing, your only option is Sell item to high bidder.

Note: If your item has no bids, you can skip this step

1. Select the reason you're ending your listing early and click End My Listing.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

There are a few parameters that your item must meet before you can or can't end a listing that has bids. If you go to the bottom of your page to the tabs and click on Site Map. Then on the RH side there is HELP TOPICS with an A-Z index  ( i find this one of the quickest ways to search for anything), open up then click on "E" and in the list that appears there is information on "Ending Your Listings Early".  In there is the information that might help. Cheers 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks. I agree, I'll leave it as it is.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Also just as an aside some years ago this happened to us too.

We didn't know what to do as the offer was what we thought enormous! Nearly fell off my chair. So put the query here and got advice from many other sellers to let the auction run it's course and request that he join in the auction. Thank goodness I asked!

He did that and at the close of the auction we had 5 x more that his offer, and he did not win it. So that is perhaps something else you might want to consider. You may just be losing $'s by negotiating off market, if he really wants the item he will bid along with everyone else.   

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply