Ending auction style listings

I have a few items which I have listed as auctions (as I had no idea what BIN price to set), but after three weeks of not selling I want to change them to Buy It Now. I have already added a BIN to each acuction but even that doesn't seem to have worked. However, I cannot change an auction to a BIN nor can I end the auction listings and relist as BINs. Why not? And is there anything I can do?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You can't change an auction to a BIN listing.

But you can end the auction then relist as BIN which means it counts as another listing off your freebies.

If you can't end, either there are less than 12 hours left or it's a temp glitch.

Try again later.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Must be a glitch then as the auctions ended last night, so it's not as though there are less than 12 hours left. I don't mind if I have to use more of my listings to get this moving, as don't we still have to the end of June to list as many as we like?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I haven't looked at your auctions but pretty sure you'll need to end your auctions, then start new listings as BIN. 

An auction is an auction, it's either a live running auction or it's not, not too many changes can be made to an auction listing while live, for obvious reasons. So end and relist is your only option

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Oops sorry, you can't relist and edit to BIN? That seems odd

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

I haven't looked at your auctions but pretty sure you'll need to end your auctions, then start new listings as BIN. 

An auction is an auction, it's either a live running auction or it's not, not too many changes can be made to an auction listing while live, for obvious reasons. So end and relist is your only option

This was what I couldn't do - the system wouldn't let me. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

One suggestion, don't use relist, always use 'sell similar'. Added bonus of jumping you further up search rankings, not the only factor but doesn't do any harm. I haven't used relist in as long as I can remember

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I discovered in a very roundabout way of ending the auctions. I went to help, typed in 'ending an auction', and from there was able to do so (had to pick a reason why but stated there was an error in the price).

It just seems so very odd I couldn't do the exact same thing direct from Seller Hub - wish I had taken a screen shot of the message I got about not being able to end the auction. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@gumleaf_goodies wrote:

I discovered in a very roundabout way of ending the auctions. I went to help, typed in 'ending an auction', and from there was able to do so (had to pick a reason why but stated there was an error in the price).

It just seems so very odd I couldn't do the exact same thing direct from Seller Hub - wish I had taken a screen shot of the message I got about not being able to end the auction. 

Yeah if it happens again, grab a screen shot. So I usually find 'end listing' in the listing drop down menu in seller hub. Is that what you were doing but it wouldn't let you?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

You can't end an auction by ticking the box and using the drop down arrow from "actions" at the top.

You can only end each auction individually using the drop down from the "edit" action next to the listing.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply