Enter a Valid value Error

We are trying to update a quantity for one of the variations of a multi-variation listing.

Need to go down to 3 items on one particular colurs.

But keep on getting this error.

The browser is Firefox.

Anyone know how to get past this one. 

Please specify a valid value for each detail of the variation.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to all for trying to answer this.

I've got it to work but not quite 100% certain how I did it.

I thought I had found what looked like a mismatch between the variations showing on the live listing and those in my templates.

So I removed and re-entered the variation that looked like it might be mismatching and then it all worked. The error went away.

It was more trial and error rather than knowing exactly what I was doing.

In the end the listing still apears the same as before. It just has the variation quantity revised exactly as we started out trying to do.

Just another glitch on the site I'd say.

So problem solved. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Double check that the price is inserted. I get this error occasionally when updating listings. Sometimes the price disappears all by itself...

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

This is a multi-variation listing with 15 variations for size and colour.

There is a table with each variation listed and a place to enter a price and quantity for each of the 15 variations.

The prices are the same for all 15 variations and they all have 16.99 entered.

All we want to change is the qty for a single one of the variations down to 3.

And after SAVing and after you hit CONTINUE we get this error.

It does the same thing on two computers in the house and using different web browsers.

So its got something to do with the ebay web site.

We need to revise this variation qty since what it shows at the moment is more than we have in stock. So if someone orders the whole lot we cannot supply. And then we will get hit with a defect.

Might have to call Customer Support very soon.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Did you try the suggestion in this thread?

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/quot-Please-enter-a-valid-value-quot-error-when-listing-an-i...

No idea if it works as we don't have any variations listings at the moment.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks to all for trying to answer this.

I've got it to work but not quite 100% certain how I did it.

I thought I had found what looked like a mismatch between the variations showing on the live listing and those in my templates.

So I removed and re-entered the variation that looked like it might be mismatching and then it all worked. The error went away.

It was more trial and error rather than knowing exactly what I was doing.

In the end the listing still apears the same as before. It just has the variation quantity revised exactly as we started out trying to do.

Just another glitch on the site I'd say.

So problem solved. Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Just thought...

It is Friday, maybe that's it.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I found out just now (june 26/2016) that one must select each country individually and use the calculated postage seach for each.  Then it works. Put simply, "worldwide" no longer entered as one big option.   

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

This thread is getting on for two years old now and since then we have discovered what causes this error.

When you use Selling Manager inventory templates if you make a change to your listing and forget to also save the changes back to your template it causes the live listing and the template to diverge in content.

Then later when you come to make further changes to the active listing this is the error you will get.

So when it happens we just go into Selling Manager Inventory and remove the inventory entry altogether.

Then you don't get the error when you make listing changes and save.

Unless you are using Selling Manager to track inventory you dont actually need the templates so its better not to have them at all.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply