Error when my buyers try to checkout - "You can't bid on or buy this item because you're not ..

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help, I am an Australian seller and whenever my customers try to purchase my products they get the following error: 

"You can't bid on or buy this item because you're not registered as a business seller. If you act as a business seller, please enter an eBay business account. Note: If you're still interested in purchasing this item, you can contact the seller and ask them to allow you to purchase it"

Each time I contact support they cannot locate an issue with the account or our buyers accounts - so far they have escalated the issue but it has been almost 4 weeks, has anyone else had this issue and can shed light on how to resolve it?

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Error when my buyers try to checkout - "You can't bid on or buy this item because you're not ..

When I try to put your items in my cart, it won't let me.

Could it be that you aren't fully verified for Managed Payments ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

That is what I am thinking, no feedback as a seller for over a year and now suddenly over 300 items listed

But there were two completed sales on March 7

Maybe those tripped something with the eBay bots?

But if Managed Payments has not been seen to, not much point in selling anything

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

The first thing that came to my mind was wholesaler not retailer but I don't know if ebay distinguishes between the two. Have you set buyer requirements? https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?...

Like you've ticked only sell to businesses or something? Not a seller so don't know what things look like at back end, just brainstorming possibilities.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

When I add your items to my cart the first time it said “this item is out of stock” and the second time it said “this seller is on holiday.” Very strange. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I have no issues going as far as as confirm and pay. But I do have a business account although only registered it on another account but no issues with this account either.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Is it Friday? Are the Ebay gremlins hard at work?

OP, when did the issue start? Or is it just with all current listings?

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

your f/b suggests you haven't sold for over a year? You might now be considered a 'new seller'.....

Are you MP verified?

If so, go to HELP at top of page and conduct a 'live chat'.....good luck!

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I cant insert a link for some reason but this issue has come up before with no answer found. Just google the ebay message to find it.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Yes I hit up the live hat several times and they say they are execrating the issue but its been 3 weeks now, what is MP verifed though? We have managed payments setup and the email is verified etc etc

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply