Example of ebays positive neutral and negative rating system FAIL

eBAY should just change to negative or positive. Neutral is so misleading!

A buyer on the buyers board has left numerous neutrals because she hasn't had a chance to try the item yet, so can't say either way...

How many buyers would do this?

To be honest, that's a perfectly acceptable thing to do. If the system makes sense. Neutral means you can't say good and can't say bad.

Why should sellers suffer for this misleading option.!

Please ebay remove the neutral if you are going to make it as bad as a negative anyway, at least it may make buyers think twice.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Example of ebays positive neutral and negative rating system FAIL

@lizzy6107 wrote:

Please ebay remove the neutral if you are going to make it as bad as a negative anyway, 

Agreed, if - in practice - it's treated as either / or, then it should simply be either / or. 

The only thing a neg does that a neutral doesn't is affect the feedback percentage, which is no longer relevant to things like TRS status, and - apparently -many don't look at until after something goes wrong with their own purchase... 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I have just discovered thet where one refunds charges to a buyer (either to bring the postage back closer to actual cost or where there is a dispute and the full item price is refunded) - ebay continues to charge fees on these amounts. In addition I just did a calculation on my seller fees (as a percentage of total sales) and discovered that they are actually very close to 15%. I suspect ebay may be overcharging everyone (even on top of the fees they are charging on postage).  Everyone should check their accounts and see what they are actually being charged as a percentage of sales.  I have written to ebay about this but have received absolutely no response. I believe this has serious consequences with ebay moving to a situation of automatic refunds. The seller will have to refund money but ebay will still impose their fees. It is a "lose lose" for sellers. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I read the post by that particular Buyer. An awful lot of bad feedback left in proportion to purchases and I am not counting the ones she "hadnt used or purchased as gift"........

Only my opinion only but I dont think that buyer is as naive as people think.

Certainly made my little list.

Smiley Wink

I do however agree that the idea of neutral feedback confuses

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

ditto
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I agree.

Neutrals are pretty pointless.

The same goes for a DSR rating of 3. When you leave feedback for Not as Described it is "Neither Accurate nor Inaccurate". It has to be one or the other! There is a popup if a buyer goes to leave a 1 or 2 DSR but not a 3 yet sellers are defected for receiving a 3.

eBay needs to overhaul the DSR system and only allow a 1 or 2 if the feedback is negative, especially for Item Description. We see too many reports of glowing feedback left with 1s for Description.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply