Extra charge for freight enquiry

Hi,

I sent order EBA02539055601000850902 all in one box.

I was only provided the one sticker, so I placed the products together,

The lady at the post office said I would pay extra, but I thought it would save money as I put multiple items together.

Can you please explain to me if I have done the wrong thing?

Also how should I handle multiple sales in the future, as I don't see an option to put multiple things in a box.

Thankyou

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Other members cannot see anything from an order number

Did you have the correct weights/measurements etc of the package in eBay?

Was it originally suppose to go as freight, or did putting everything together make it over size/weight 

And no, packing everything into one package does not always mean it is going to be cheaper to send that way

But the buyer pays 'postage' in any case

Postage costs go by weight/size, not the number of things in a box

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

he lady at the post office said I would pay extra, but I thought it would save money as I put multiple items together.

Whoa, be careful here. I am assuming the buyer has already paid for the items, including postage.

So the only one saving money here would be you.

Combining items into one parcel will often lower the postage cost, but not always though.

Just be aware, a lot of buyers don't like it if they see a seller has paid a fair bit less for postage than they were charged for.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Did you end up paying extra?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

he lady at the post office said I would pay extra, but I thought it would save money as I put multiple items together.

Whoa, be careful here. I am assuming the buyer has already paid for the items, including postage.

So the only one saving money here would be you.

Combining items into one parcel will often lower the postage cost, but not always though.

Just be aware, a lot of buyers don't like it if they see a seller has paid a fair bit less for postage than they were charged for.

It's an ebay generated tracking number, so the buyer won't see the postage cost, as it's not printed on the label. Same with Aust Post generated labels that you buy online.

It says size and weight can't be shown, so I'm wondering if the OP did input the correct size and weight when they were generating the label, or just went the under 500g option.

I'd also be interested to know if they did have to pay extra, because the parcel has had a lodgement scan, so it's been posted. One item had $10.60 postage, the other item had $20.05 postage. I suspect they may have created a label for $10.60.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

I'd also be interested to know if they did have to pay extra, because the parcel has had a lodgement scan, so it's been posted. One item had $10.60 postage, the other item had $20.05 postage. I suspect they may have created a label for $10.60.

I am worried that OP has underestimated the postage on the reel of cable anyhow,   100m or telephone cable will be more than 500g,  so they are up in the 12 to 15 bucks just for that, and MDF isnt light either.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply