Eye Rolling Moments

First off I will say that 98% of buyers are fabulous people who are so wonderful I just want to hug and kiss them well, maybe not.

I was just talking to a seller on the phone. I was wanting to buy a couple of their items but was trying to work out delivery options as I'm back and forth to Sydney at the moment. When I sent a message yesterday, he said it's probably easier to discuss it on the phone. The phone call lasted nearly half an hour! My query was resolved in about 5 minutes.

He said there was no guarantee with delivery times, both with AP and couriers and I said being a seller too, I completely understand! Well, that statement opened a can of worms! We had a great discussion on numpty buyers. This seller is a large company selling medical equipment. Someone bought a pair of scissors. They filed an NAD because the photo appeared to show a gold screw, whereas the pair he got had a stainless screw and he wanted a full refund because he was now suffering PTSD due to this wrong coloured screw.

Another buyer bought a $2 toothbrush (with $7.45 postage I might add!). There was a main photo showing a colour and in the description it clearly stated the available colours and if they had a preference for colour, to send the seller a message or add it into the leave a note when paying. Otherwise it would just be a random choice. Buyer chucked a wobbly because he wanted the colour in the photo. Seller said buyer didn't specify, so sent a random colour. Buyer wanted to return said toothbrush and a replacement sent. Meaning, seller would then be up $15 extra postage to return and resend the right colour, for a $2 sale. Buyer got refunded and now has PTSD because he was stuck with the wrong coloured toothbrush.

Someone else bought a box of tissues. Upon arrival they proceeded to pull out every tissue to count that there were in fact 200 in the box. Claimed NAD because there were only 199. I'm unsure what they were planning on doing with 199 tissues that had now been removed from the box. They wanted a new box sent. Ummm, no.

Someone else bought an oxygen mask for $9.99 and filed NAD because it didn't come with oxygen. They couldn't understand why the seller would mention the word oxygen if it didn't come with it. Ummm, because that's what they're called? Another new PTSD sufferer, who is also hypoxic, because the mask didn't come with an oxygen bottle (the photos showed the mask and the label, no oxygen bottles).

He had a laugh at my buyer who asked what colour the orange tea cup was. Ummm.......black?

There were a few other equally ridiculous stories and we both had a good laugh about it. He said it was so nice talking to another eBay seller who understands just how frustrating it can be at times. He said sometimes he just wants to bash his head into a brick wall. Clearly he hasn't upset too many people, he has over 100,000 feedback at 100%.

What are some of your eye rolling moments? Remember, this is not a buyer bashing thread, I only want to hear if something causes you to roll your eyes because it's so ridiculous it's funny.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Eye Rolling Moments

I only buy but wow hahahahaha   Sad thing is some people are like that.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I had someone click onto an active listing and wanted to know if the item was still available.

Some mothers do 'ave 'em!!

Sandra

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

A customer purchased a 'personalised' Baptism stole...but didn't want the names or date in the listing photo...

Damn...what am I gonna do with the 50 stoles I've already made with those details...Woman Surprised

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I guess you have to hope that you get 50 buyers with the same name being baptised on the same day!!!

I wonder if some buyers send these messages and realise afterwards what they've done and slap their forehead? If only we could get them to read the descriptions!

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

An interstate  (NSW)  buyer,  recently purchased a " pick up only item " (QLD) from us.... then wanted  us to post it !

Response our end , "not gunna happen " or words to that effect....

No problem... would get Brisbane domiciled  "cousin"  to complete the deal...Wow ! way to go 

we thought ,  as no-one ever has friends / kinfolk  , in Brissy in these  situations  !!

Then this ,  a couple of days later :

"  cousin cant make it  he got locked up friday night ,he'll be there for a while, just relist ta '

Should we wait !!

Gotta luv "em !!

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

gotta love PTSD

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

a different sort of 'post' with ebay's estimated delivery dates Man Wink

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@chief-50 wrote:

An interstate  (NSW)  buyer,  recently purchased a " pick up only item " (QLD) from us.... then wanted  us to post it !

Response our end , "not gunna happen " or words to that effect....

No problem... would get Brisbane domiciled  "cousin"  to complete the deal...Wow ! way to go 

we thought ,  as no-one ever has friends / kinfolk  , in Brissy in these  situations  !!

Then this ,  a couple of days later :

"  cousin cant make it  he got locked up friday night ,he'll be there for a while, just relist ta '

Should we wait !!

Gotta luv "em !!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that's hilarious!!! Even if it was a fabricated excuse, it was a good one that's for sure!

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Not an eBay interaction but, a face to face when I was with a company making and selling bricks and pavers.

Chap ordered required quantity of pavers and also requested "......that stuff you use to stick them down".

Brief explanation of the installation process later, he said he knew all that but, still needed the stuff to kep them down.

"Yellow sand?"

"No, the stuff that keeps them in place"

"Jointing sand?"

"No, no!  The stuff that stops them from lifting off"

"Ummmmmmmmm....................gravity?"

"Yeah!  Where can I get that?"

Absolutely true as I sit here.   

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply