FOS time line..?

saarzi
Community Member

Paypal is withholding money from my account for no valid reason (I emailed them and their bot reply was that it was for my "protection", which just **bleep** me off more).

So I've lodged a complaint with the FOS.... does anyone know how long the FOS takes to action, and then resolve, a complaint?

Fanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

FOS time line..?

What is the hold for, did you start a new account? Is there a claim against you? There must be a reason

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

FOS time line..?

We found the FOS to be very quick.
Took 48 hours to release our funds and they have never held again on any of our accounts.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

FOS time line..?

saarzi
Community Member

Update to this!

This was originally due to funds being held because an Item Not Received case was opened against me.

Paypal replied to the FOS complaint (not me directly) saying it was Ebays fault ("they made me do it!"), and stating I would need to get in touch with Ebay for them to release funds. The FOS hasnt replied to this or me yet - they are not due to get involved until Monday (they give Paypal time to reply, which is up tp 2 weeks after complaint).

However, I also reported EBay to the ACCC.  I emailed EBay the receipt number and details of the complaint.

Ebay replied same day, with quite a long email, NOT mentioning their policies or anything like that, but with this -

"... kindly be informed that I have already forwarded your concern to our higher department as they'll be the one to release the hold of your funds and should be back in your account within 1-2 hours. Expect that you will receive an automatic email from PayPal to notify you that funds have been received. "

I checked, and within ONE HOUR of their reply, the funds were back in my account.

I cant see how any company who is, not only NOT a financial intiution, but also does not have any evidence or indication of possible fraud, can withhold money in this way... sooo... I will persist with the ACCC and FOS, and see what they actually say about it.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

FOS time line..?

The way I understand the way these cases lodged with FOS or ACCC work is that if eBay or PayPal choose to challenge the case then they will be billed a $1500 fee. This then will be the reason they capitulate because it's cheaper for them to do so.
Win for you tho. I wondered if they might black mark your account or something and throttle your sales in retaliation but we did not notice anything like that when we won a FOS case.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply