sut6556
Community Member
23 REPLIES 23

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

There is a big ad on the my selling page so it should be for everyone
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

Thank you sooooo much - it worked for me (no message from eBay as usual)
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

shops only?? not working for me =(

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

no email for me, no  'my selling page', let alone an ad on it!

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

Yes, stores only. I don't have a store, but I am please for those who do have one. They seem to miss out on the free listings, whereas us non store people have been getting them regularly.

Maybe those of you who clicked the link and it let you accept might be going to get the email sometime today. It says that it's invitation only.

When?

• The promotion runs from 6-12 October2014 AEST inclusive ('Promotion Period')

What is the promotion?

• 10,000 free Insertion Fees for:
    • First 10,000 items listed during the Promotion Period in Fixed Price format (including Good ‘til Cancelled listings created during the Promotion Period) on eBay.com.au (see exclusions below).

Who is eligible for this promotion? 

• Only applies to store sellers
  • Only members who receive the invitation email from eBay and register for the offer, accept the terms and conditions and receive confirmation from eBay that “you’ve accepted the offer” are eligible for this promotion.
  • Only members validly registered on eBay.com.au.
  • Members whose eBay accounts are temporarily or indefinitely suspended or made inactive prior to or during the Promotion Period, are not eligible for this Promotion.
  • The Promotion is linked to the USER ID to which the invitation is sent by eBay.  Qualifying Sellers must list using the USER ID at the top of the invitation.

What is excluded?

• This Promotion does not apply to “Excluded Categories” which include Businesses for Sale (11759), Aircrafts (63676), Boats (26429), Caravans/Motorhomes (32633), Cars (29690), Motorcycles (32073), Trucks/Commercial Vehicles (6049), Real Estate (10542), Services (316), Flights (3253), Tickets (1305), Travel (3252) and Vouchers/Gift Certificates (172008)
  • Final Value Fees, Feature fees, and other fees set out at eBay.com.au are still applicable.
  • For listing in 2 categories, standard rates may be charged for the second category.
  • Sellers with listing restrictions will still be restricted by their listing restrictions and will not be able to participate.
  • Sellers whose accounts do not meet eBay’s minimum performances standards are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
  • Listings that contravene eBay's policies or do not otherwise comply with all of these Terms and Conditions are excluded.

Good ‘Til Cancelled Listings

• Good ‘Til Cancelled listings created during the Promotion Period will be eligible for the Promotion.
  • Good ‘Til Cancelled listings created during the Promotion Period will be eligible only until the listing automatically re-lists.
  • Good ‘Til Cancelled listings created before the Promotion Period which automatically re-list during the Promotion Period will not be eligible.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

Very generous of eBay, but probably a bit excessive. Would it even be physically possible to put up 10,000 separate listings in a 7-day period? And who would have that many items to list anyway? I suppose you could always put up just the one multiple listing but then you still have the problem of sourcing 10,000 identical items to sell. Actually, 100 multiple listings with 100 items each sounds like a slightly easier proposition to me.
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

Really Lizzy no banner ad on your my eBay page? Perhaps you have ads blocked, I only noticed it when I was on my ipad as the ads are not blocked on that.
Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

You originally said "my selling page" and I spent a good ten minutes trying to find one!

No banner either on my ebay page. I must have ads blocked. All I have is a tiny 'win a car' thing. I am using latest firefox, perhaps it automatically blocks ads..I don't know.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

FREE LISTINGS YEAH

Re invitation.

I get the doubts due to the inconsistent terms and conditions with the actual process of successfully accessing free listings, but tierd of the furphy creation around these offers and the active discouragement of sellers to use them - rather than encouraging sellers to clarify with eBay CS re doubts about eligibility. 

IMO - you get access to free listings, or you don't. 

If you click the link you accept the offer OR you are advised the promotional offer is not available to you. 

If you get the freebies they appear under your promos on your selling page.

These offers have always been run like this for the past couple of years.

If sellers are unsure IMO you are better off to ring CS to confirm the offer they accepted is available to them, rather than rely on board naysayers and pass them up .

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply