FREE postage on multiples

Australian Sellers  mostly add the postage cost onto their item then list as FREE postage. This is fine, but if a seller has mutiples of the same item and buyers buy more than one, then buyers are in fact paying full postage on every mutiple they buy. So an item listed at $15 (which includes $7 post) is fine for 1 item but start muliplying that and it gets nasty.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

@gardening70 wrote:

Australian Sellers  mostly add the postage cost onto their item then list as FREE postage. This is fine, but if a seller has mutiples of the same item and buyers buy more than one, then buyers are in fact paying full postage on every mutiple they buy. So an item listed at $15 (which includes $7 post) is fine for 1 item but start muliplying that and it gets nasty.

Where did you get that idea? I know for a fact that the majority of members who post on the powersellers board have decided NOT to offer 'free' post for parcel items. Including me.

I would be interested in any stats you have that support your position, though.

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Because they are not parcels. Simple. And this me is not my PS me.

And if you care to look at my pre-list ID they are all 'free' post, even parcels. because I don't have a lot listed and am unlikely to get multiple purchases.

On my selling ID, however, only letter rate items are quoted with 'free' post. I you don't believe me simply look at the posts on this subject on the PS board. You are a PS, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Do a search on all categories for an a

I get 5,018,463 results for "a".

Selecting the appropriate check box gives 1,632,520 results for "a" with free postage

Approximately 33% of sellers that have an "a" in their listing title offer free post.

So the figures above suggest that 1/3 of all ebay sellers whether powersellers or not offer free postage at present.

sample two do a search for and

4,698,585 results for "and"
3,094,937 results for "and" with free postage

So approximately 70% of sellers with and in their title offer free postage

At a rough guesstimate...with a stiff breeze (and in the absence of any statistics from ebay other than distorted indoctrinated rhetoric) ........ I would suggest that somewhere between 33% and 70% of ebayers sellers whether powersellers or not offer free post.....  52% springs to mind

If you offer free post on your items then consider utilizing the best offer feature.

You can advertise that on your listing.

ie "If you would like to buy more than one like item or a number of different items from our inventory then please feel

free to use the best offer feature stating amount and price."

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Out of curiosity, how can you post a book at letter rates?

When I went into Australia Post to post a thumb drive recently, in an envelope, it was charged at parcel rates, not letter rates, becuse it would not quite fit through the narrow slot that Australia Post uses to 'measure' thicker envelopes for parcel rate vs. letter rate.

Your tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

That's what ebay told us buyers wanted. free post LOL
Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

China,

Post your drive in a small padded envelope as  a Large Letter. $1.40 for 125gms anywhere in Australia.

Best wishes

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

This does not however determine those items that are posted as parcels.

Refer my previous posts. Even the one where I am talking to myself. And, no I didn't report.

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

So an item listed at $15 (which includes $7 post) is fine for 1 item but start muliplying that and it gets nasty.

Yes, it does. Would put the buyer off buying more than one, unless the seller has written in the description that they offer reduced price for combined items, but only  if the buyer requests a new combined invoice BEFORE they make payment.

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

If they are under 2cm, packed, they can go as large letters. Anything can, actually, but books are paper so doubly so.

Once upon a time you could send books at special rates.....

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply