FREE postage on multiples

Australian Sellers  mostly add the postage cost onto their item then list as FREE postage. This is fine, but if a seller has mutiples of the same item and buyers buy more than one, then buyers are in fact paying full postage on every mutiple they buy. So an item listed at $15 (which includes $7 post) is fine for 1 item but start muliplying that and it gets nasty.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Lane, would it work to add best offer to all items?

I trialled that on a few listings yesterday (free post) a couple of multi variation ones and a couple of single ones, and I already have had offers - on all styles - (one was really unrealistic, but the others were not too bad) but i digresds

if you counter or decline a little comment box comes up and you could explain in there - I use the best offer function as a way to offer discounts to people wanting to buy more than one item (something like that) for those who just make a random one off offer, you could even have a pre written blurb somewhere to just copy and paste into the box when relevant

or write it in your description iykwim.

I know it still isn't a perfect solution and there will be exceptions to the rule, but surely if we implement as many things as are available to us that encourages a customer to make contact with us before paying, then it's going to increase our chances of not having to go the refund after the fact route...

there has to be a way to make the system eBay gives us to work for us...

maybe this could also help those with calculated postage issues somehow

*shrugs*

I just know, there is always a solution, you just have to find it.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

I made a 20mm slot from a piece of thick cardboard. So far, it's worked well!

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

But I like the pretty pics on the real one and also all the letter size guides an stuff - I just have to line my envelope up with the little doobie and it shows me instantly what my costs are etc

(yeah, yeah, small things an all)

I still laugh about the story that some poster whose identity eludes me (ok, I forget) where he was having an argument with a postal worker in the store, packed with customers and he and the employee were pushing some parcel through the slot and arguing over whether it went through or not.

He told it so much better

but geez, it still brings a smile to my face when I recall it.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

Good thinking 99....Any way ,I have this big one here if any one wants it ,  from Aus post with 5 slots from 5mm to 40 mm

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

I use a micrometer!

Just a plastic bunnings one but it's good enough for measuring postage.

(and I never go near a counter with letters for fear of a slanging match with counter staff).

As for "Free" postage, I will never do it for 2 main reasons:

1. I often combine postage so it's much easier with postage as a separate item.

2. With the frequency of pricing changes I have to come up with new shipping rates 2 or 3 times a year.

Often only one or two weight classes or types will change so only certain things need re-pricing.

If I have the postage separate I can reprice in bulk and can sort my items by postage rate.

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply