FUMING !!!

In the middle of listing when a message popped up that "your account will be restricted for 7 days due to brand violation" !!!!

Talk about sudden death - genuine oversight/mistake - would have removed item immediately - IF I'D HAD THE CHANCE !!!

but didn't have the chance.    Member since 2003  -  1780 feedback - 100% over last 12 months - Power seller  500+ items- and found GUILTY with no chance to defend myself.   Come on !!!!   Rang them, furious of course, and complained about the unfair / unjust treatment - got absolutely nowhere but felt better because I had my say.    Oh well, I need to clean up around here anyway so I can still sell my items - just can't relist new items until 25th.    Had my little rant now so - have a nice day everyone

I"LL BE BACK  .......

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

FUMING !!!

I DON'T BLAME YOU !!!   And when you ring, they have no comprehension of what you're talking about.

I rang this morning and asked whether there was a reason why sales are so slow and mentioned that many others on the Discussion Page were saying the same thing ..... WELL, did that open a can of worms.    .....   I was transferred FOUR times, to a different department. ... the fourth time was to the FIRST person I spoke to ????   Then the questions came  .  "if you a NEW seller (no, been selling for 10 years)"    "if you have restrrictions on your account,  (NO !!)      I ended up saying I had to go as I had an appointment ..... OTHERWISE, I might have said some things I shouldn't  🙂

Glad you got it off your chest .... but don't forget, we here on the Discussion Page are hearing you AND UNDERSTAND.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

PS   .... can you get away with re-listing, if you just 'SELL A SIMILAR ITEM' ..... if you can't, just change a word in the 'title line' ???

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

Thanks dotm - might have a look at that - but, yes - I do feel better having had a "rave" .   I was just so mad - I do my very best here to keep people happy and to not be given a chance to rectify it really set me off !!! 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

Which brand did you violate? I had a listing ended a few months back for a brand issue, but certainly no restriction. I ended up selling it to someone on here who was looking for that exact thing. So, eBay lost out on the fees on that one!

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

It was a black tee with  a B U R B E R R Y logo on the front but the label wasn't that name - as if I'd jeopardise my reputation on here for a measly $6.00 sale !!!   Still FUMING.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

WOW, I can totally understand why you are fuming, especially if you didn't list it as a Burberry. It's usually the Burberry company that gets the listings shut down, but if it wasn't mentioned, one has to wonder how they would have picked it up. Was that name mentioned anywhere in your listing?

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

@marlsy62 wrote:

It was a black tee with  a B U R B E R R Y logo on the front but the label wasn't that name - as if I'd jeopardise my reputation on here for a measly $6.00 sale !!!   Still FUMING.

I understand you're angry, and I'm sorry to hear you've had restrictions, but wouldn't another brand's logo (or brand name) on a t-shirt actually be a trademark violation, anyway, since logos tend to be one of those things well-known companies protect quite fervently? I mean, Nike wouldn't get away with selling t-shirts with the ADIDAS logo on it, regardless of whether they sold them for $6 or $60...or have I misunderstood the item in question? 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

I had this happen recently with an ANGRY BIRDS tee shirt .... but it was removed after I listed it.  

I have listed it since and without a problem ??

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

FUMING !!!

that's superb !!

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply