wrong address given, item now lost who is at fault

sold my son`s gaming console to a zero feedback newbie, she claims it never arrived although tracking shows delivered and all good.

received email today from buyer admitting they put the wrong address in their ebay and paypal details.

simply put some one got a free nintendo so who is at fault me or the buyer, is her email admitting giving the wrong details enough for me to win the inevitable item not received case...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

if you sent it to the paypal address then you are covered. The onus is on the buyer to have correct details in paypal if they paid that way. Just in case the buyer opens and item not received dispute take a screen shot of the AP website showing the item being delivered. you will win any dispute if you can prove it was delivered.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

she paid with paypal, ebay order details state delivered, she admitted the paypal address was incorrect.

sounds all good my end hopefully...

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Can't see how you could have any problems with that one.

Seems you ticked all the right boxes.

Buyer's problem in this case.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

its amazing the buyer asking were is my item and then saying its the wrong address on my ebay/paypal account.

it reminds me of a delivery of flowers about 30 years ago before google  when we had the simple melways,

was helping a friend in a florist on a weekend did some deliveries ,one delivery there was no such st in that suburb and we had the latest melway   so i brought it back to the shop , anyway the florist could not contact the buyer  , monday morning came and that buyer came in asking about the non delivery on the saturday   , the florist said there was not that street in the melways in that suburb  ,  and the chap said ow i know its a new street and its not in the melways yet , well the florist in not these words  well how in the hell are we supose to find the street mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

I dont understand how you think you could be at fault for a buyer suppling an incorrect address... ?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@gtx305 wrote:

I dont understand how you think you could be at fault for a buyer suppling an incorrect address... ?

I think they were just wanting it confirmed and maybe a bit of reassurance?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply