FVF on postage, ebay FEELING THE PREASURE

Ebay must really be feeling the preasure regards the FVF on postage. My wife recieved a phone call from ebay in America to explain the FVF on postage and to sugest ways to minimise the effect. This was followed up by an email and  message in ebay Messages. This is the first time an ebay rep has phoned me, out of the blue to explain their policies. The preasure must be on.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I,ve just been having a look at the email sent by ebay. One interesting thing is that ebay had a link to a company called Ship2anywhere.com.au/ebay register. This seems to be a company that ebay has either set up or has forged links with for International postage. It claims to offer cut price International express shipping, with tracking etc. Pick - up is from your door. You register through ebay by the looks of it. Is this ebays Australian answer to Pitney Bows in America ? I,ve never heard of the company before. Has anyone else recieved this Info or know anything about the company ?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I've just been looking through ebays email message. one VERY INTERESTING thing is the information about international postage. Ebay had a link to a company called ship2anywhere. I have never heard of them before. You register to subscribe for the service THROUGH EBAY. It offers discount international shipping with full tracking, express service, pick up from your door. Its obviously some kind of international courier service with DIRECT LINKS to ebay. Is this ebays Australian answer to Pitney Bows in America ? Im not sure why I have recieved the call and info if no-one else has got them. The only thing I can put it down to is ebay may be screening businesses that have reasonable international sales and targetting them. ( I mailed around $250 worth of items to international clients today ) Has anyone else heard of Ship2anywhere ?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I have used Ship2anywhere a couple of times now. Very good and efficient. If I recall correctly, pickup was by DHL.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hi asporty, did you make contact with them through ebay or privately ?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I found them via Google search a couple of years ago. I seldom get big overseas orders as US sellers dominate that aspect, but on rare occasions I have exported big items then these guys gave really good rates.
One time Jedcart beat them so they are good also (with DHL).
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

I,ve just been having a look at the email sent by ebay. One interesting thing is that ebay had a link to a company called Ship2anywhere.com.au/ebay register. This seems to be a company that ebay has either set up or has forged links with for International postage. It claims to offer cut price International express shipping, with tracking etc. Pick - up is from your door. You register through ebay by the looks of it. Is this ebays Australian answer to Pitney Bows in America ? I,ve never heard of the company before. Has anyone else recieved this Info or know anything about the company ?

Bizzaro, I typed this message, but it dissapeared so re-typed it. ( thinking I pressed cancel instead of post ) It now appears on the site 1 1/2 hours later with number of  viewers out of sequence. Maybe it was abducted by Aliens ????????

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I think the ebay servers or lithium system are feeling the pressure tonight - even posting on my iphone all manner of inconsistencies are happening - will just go with ... beam me up 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply