Fake accounts bidding on auctions

Hi all, 

This is the 7th time in less than a month that my items on auction have been bombarded with offers. Although when  the auction ends, the winner is an account with (0) transactions and when I try to contact them the message usually doesn’t go through and shows “error”.  Why are we having so many fake accounts bidding on Ebay? Anyone having the same issue?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Fake accounts bidding on auctions

What are "fake accounts"?

Why are you sending a message?

Are you cancelling as Unpaid?

Imo you should lose the auctions & list as BIN.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Anyone having the same issue?

Not me. I gave auctions away 15 years ago, when I realised they were a mug's game for my category.

If I'm not sure of an item's value I use BIN with Best Offer, otherwise I use BIN.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

xalies
Community Member

My last two auctions where ruined because of this and just had another. one even left bad FB after I canceled. I did send a message but doubtful for a responce. Yes BIN is the way to go for me now

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@xalies wrote:

My last two auctions where ruined because of this and just had another. one even left bad FB after I canceled. I did send a message but doubtful for a responce. Yes BIN is the way to go for me now

Well if you had bothered to let it go for the 4 days for payment, than cancelled, they couldnt leave negative feedback.   Cancelling because they are a zero feedback is not a valid reason,  and the neg was justified.  

And sorry to let you know but even BIN, they can make the purchase and not pay.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I tried messageing and got nothing... ok maybe it was 3 days but what a shock theres still nothing on that account or I'e had some bid way more than the things worth... win and then start asking questions about it to back out.... after awhile of selling items you learn who is not geniune but I guess you are lucky enough  not to have any auctions go wrong.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@xalies wrote:

I tried messageing and got nothing... ok maybe it was 3 days but what a shock theres still nothing on that account or I'e had some bid way more than the things worth... win and then start asking questions about it to back out.... after awhile of selling items you learn who is not geniune but I guess you are lucky enough  not to have any auctions go wrong.

In this case your auction did not "go wrong".

You had a winning bidder.

I too would have left a neg.

What lie did you select to cancel the transaction?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@xalies wrote:

Not sure if you remember to the dim dark ages, we all started with zero feedback.  They were obviously genuine or they wouldn't have left you bad feedback.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply