Fake eBay emails

Did anyone else get fake eBay emails today?

Received in my personal inbox today a fake email that looks like its from a member on eBay. I must admit,I didn't think so at first but when you take a good look layout all wrong & wording missing.

Clipboard01.jpg 

If you're suspicious about an email that claims to be from eBay, sign in to My eBay and click the Messages tab. If you don't see the same message there, the email is fake. To report a fake email, forward it to spoof@ebay.com.au.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fake eBay emails

I had one as well, totally a phishing email. I havent even bought anything from overseas lately either.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Got the exact same one from the same buyer id. It caught me as I was in the middle of an exchange with a buyer and didn't notice it was a different id at first. Virus scanner picked it up and I immediately changed Ebay passwords

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Yeah we also got one of these about the very same buyer ID.

Just trashed it as we have had no dealings with any such person.

You can clearly see they are fake. If you hover your mouse over the blue links (do not click) then down at the bottom left of screen you can see the link hiding behind.

It has nothing to do with ebay or paypal so clearly a phishing attempt.

Some of the web addresses are cleverly similar tho to the real ones and these are harder to spot. But its normally just a dash or underscore character different.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply