Feedback System Failure

About once per month we received an email from ebay reminding us to leave feedback for some items we have sent out.

As a part of our packing process we leave feedback for buyers when we pack & send their item. So if they don't pay they get no FB from us. So we don't ever forget to do it.

In every case when I have looked into the items there is no little blue star saying we have left FB. But when I try to leave FB I get an error message saying we have already left FB. So something ain't working, even for ebay themselves.

This is not such a big deal (for us anyway) as its the buyer's FB, but what about the reverse where the buyer leaves us POS FB but it never gets recorded on our account. That one is of far more importance to us as POS helps to water down the effects of any defects that might be present.

Anyone any thoughts/ideas on this one?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Feedback System Failure

As you say, sounds like a system failure.

I would report it to ebay in case it hasn't been picked up yet.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Yes, I have had the same thing, just not sure it has been as regularly as monthly and the email includes items I have ordered and not left Feedback for (as I haven't received them !) and on each occasion has included items I have sent - I always leave my Feedback when I return from the PO and mark as Sent, so I know it's done.  The first few times I got the email I checked & as the orders were marked as Feedback having already been left, I didn't even try to leave Feedback again and have since ignored the emails Smiley Surprised  Never really considered the effects of it working (or the system NOT working) in reverse though - that is a very good point

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Feedback System Failure

As you say, sounds like a system failure.

I would report it to ebay in case it hasn't been picked up yet.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Yes, I have had the same thing, just not sure it has been as regularly as monthly and the email includes items I have ordered and not left Feedback for (as I haven't received them !) and on each occasion has included items I have sent - I always leave my Feedback when I return from the PO and mark as Sent, so I know it's done.  The first few times I got the email I checked & as the orders were marked as Feedback having already been left, I didn't even try to leave Feedback again and have since ignored the emails Smiley Surprised  Never really considered the effects of it working (or the system NOT working) in reverse though - that is a very good point

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

I haven't had a feedback issue, but I've had a couple of combined orders where one of the items will unmark itself as being posted. I nearly had a heart attack the first time it happened thinking I had forgotten to post something. Then I remembered I had, so I marked it as posted again. Refreshed the page and the other 3 things in the order were then unmarked as posted. So, I marked them as posted again and the first one unmarked itself. I left it alone after that because the tracking number said it was delivered and I assumed the buyer was getting all these emails saying their items had been posted......multiple times!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Yes *sheep* we have also seen that one once before.

Scared the bejeezus out of us.

Had me and my partner running into each other saying did we forget to send this.

After our heart flutters settled (comes with the age territory) we could recall we actually did send it and did not forget something.

But it really could so easily lead to an item being mailed out twice.

Wonder if you get a defect for doing that?

That's the opposite of INR. Would it be IR2?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

Smiley LOL  You should get a defect credit for next defect.  Lol.

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Feedback System Failure

@clarry100 wrote:

Yes *sheep* we have also seen that one once before.

Scared the bejeezus out of us.

Had me and my partner running into each other saying did we forget to send this.

After our heart flutters settled (comes with the age territory) we could recall we actually did send it and did not forget something.

But it really could so easily lead to an item being mailed out twice.

Wonder if you get a defect for doing that?

Give it time, there will be a defect for that soon enough. Any way they can think of to destroy us quicker.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply