How to reply to neg feedback. item still in transit and says I have been rude which is not true

llpcj
Community Member

This buyer has been sending me messages every couple of days saying their item is still not there with a not very nice attitude,  I understand their concern as I would be worried too but as I have told them I posted it the day they paid and to get in touch with the post office as the item is still in transit. Now they have left me neg feedback for postage delay and say I have been rude in my replies, which is not true, I have tried my hardest to keep my cool.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How to reply to neg feedback. item still in transit and says I have been rude which is not true

I don't know if it is worth arguing rudeness - this is your buyer's perception and unfortunately they are able to respond to your feedback response, so they'll get the last word in either in regards to rudeness.

Assuming that you've posted with a tracking number, I would write something to the effect of:

"Item posted immediately, tracking number #00000000000000000. Please be patient."

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

That would have been better, wish I had seen your reply before I replied. I am not used to bad feedback thank goodness,  it takes away your appetite. One neg set me back to Top Rated ! So unfair. Ebay said they will take it off when and if the item arrives.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If the buyer has been waiting 14 days have you lodged a complaint with Australia Post regarding the missing item as in most cases buyers within Australia would expect to receive their parcel within 14 days.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I've had large letter items take 3 and 4 weeks to get from Central Western NSW to WA before. I can get stuff from China quicker than that!

I wasn't at all surprised to see the OP's buyer being a low feedback buyer. They think "I'm unhappy, I won't try and resolve it with the seller. I'm unhappy, so I'll leave a red dot". To  be fair, I don't think they know any different. They see a negative situation, so hot the red dot. 

OP, in future, if you're going to reply to a bad feedback, include the buyers ID in it so others can see who they are.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply