Feedback

Hi all,

What are some suggestions about getting buyers to leave feedback?

I have heaps that do not leave any and I find this kind of frustrating considering I take the time to leave feedback for them?

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Sharryn

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Feedback

I always used to put a little 'thank you' note in my parcels when I sent them.

Something along the lines of Thank you for choosing et etc, if in the unlikely event you are not 100% happy with your purchase please contact me prior to leaving feedback and I will assist etc etc.....and gave my personal email  & phone number on the note.

Worked quite well actually, when I was selling, most likely 9 out of 10 were leaving fb, I don't care about it as a buyer, but to a seller it is important.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

Hi Sharryn, Feedback is completely voluntary. Sellers all like to recieve Positive Fb. If Buyers do not leave it, it may be a blessing. Some may leave you a Negative or Neutral which of course you don't want. Better to have none left for you I say.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

I too have noticed a large drop in numbers leaving feedback, and I always leave positive  feedback as soon as payment is made. I suspect that the culprit is the new drop down box that has about 3 options including returning the item before the buyer even finds the feedback option. Another really bright idea from the powers that be!!!!!!

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

I used to always leave feedback for buyers as soon as I had sent their item/s, but I found that very few returned the favour. Now, I don't leave it until they leave it first. Some of my more recent buyers, I am not expecting to get any because when I checked their feedback left for others, they hadn't left it for anyone.

I figure now that no feedback is better than bad feedback. When I send an invoice, I usually include a message saying if there are any issues whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact me before leaving feedback. My feedback rate has gone up since including that message. The few issues that I have had, ALL the buyers have contacted me and their issue has been resolved to their satisfaction. Some of those didn't leave any feedback, the others all left glowing feedback and a 5 star rating. That said, I can count on one hand the amount of issues I've had.

My repeat buyers all seem to leave it, so I normally leave it for them when I send.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

It's been exactly the same here sheep. I also leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays, but my feedback received has dropped to appalling levels recently so I'm going to follow suit and no longer leave feedback until I've received same from the buyer.

As you say, it's better to receive no feedback at all than bad feedback, and unfortunately there are an increasing number of inexperienced buyers who appear to have no idea how the DSR system works, and seem to think that 3 is acceptable because it's right in the middle, and therefore an average score.

Trouble is, if you cop a 3 for "item description", you also cop a defect. I now have 3 defects from buyers who left 3s for item description and eBay don't give a toss. If they're not prepared to educate buyers, then I'm not prepared to encourage them to leave feedback at all.
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

I too leave it once it is received or once a week I go through my accounts and any transactions nearing the 60 day limit I assume they didn't have a problem and leave them feedback before archiving the item.

I have just checked one of my accounts and diregarding the transactions for the last 3 weeks I have only had 7 out of over 60 sales I have not received feedback for. There is a lower percentage for my store items but I would expect that. My third selling id only has a sale infrequently and that is standing at 100% received feedback.

Perhaps buyers can feel the vibes and know I couldn't give a rat's behind about feedback so they leave it Woman LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

I leave feedback for my buyers because it's automated.  I leave feedback for any seller I have bought from because I'm courteous  and belive in polite society.  I would never change how I interact as a member of any community based on a reaction to what other people are doing and wouldn't have much respect for anyone who does.  Feedback is voluntary, do whatever you would do normally based on your own "courtesy platform" and feel good about that.

j

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

I had to do a course at work the other day and at the end of the day, we were asked to fill out an evaluation form. There were about 10 questions about varying aspects of the course and you had to colour in the circles rating each section from 1-5. I had a bit of a smile on my face because I wondered if I gave them a 1, 2 or 3 for something whether they would get a defect 😄 😄 😄 I ended up giving them 5's for everything because it was a really good course and they did a great job presenting it.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Feedback

@quiltermemories wrote:

What are some suggestions about getting buyers to leave feedback?

Offer outstanding, exceptional service, significantly superior to other sellers in your market, so they feel compelled to take the time to leave feedback that sings your praises as an amazing seller  Cat Very Happy

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply