Find contact information

Hi,

Anyone know what Ebay's definition of "involved in a recent transaction" means?

I have an item listed and a bidder has used the Find Contact Information (under advanced search) to get full contact details including phone number.

They only transaction so far is that he has bid on a current item. The auction is not even complete.

Why dosen't ebay limit who can use this function to those sales that have been completed? or request permission of the seller first?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Find contact information

OP has sold a LOT of pickup only items so I'm sure her phone number has been given out dozens of times.Perhaps the bidder also wanted to ask if the seller would accept cash on pickup which she doesn't have anywhere in her listings as a payment option,just bank deposit & Paypal & they couldn't be bothered messaging??  

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

rednikki871 is there some reason you dont offer cash on pick-up for your items (not COD)? Cash is always the best option for both buyer and seller when items are being collected in person.

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

The way to 'question' ebay policy is to use the suggestions link. You can find it on the site map.

I doubt very much if that is a policy ebay will be interested in changing.

Often a buyer or seller just wants the phone number so they can confirm the seller is who and where they say they are.

Especially where pick up items are concerned a prospective buyer may want to ask more in depth questions than can be fitted into the limited number of characters allowed in a contact email.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 13
Latest reply