First ever chargeback

Hi all,

Today i received my first ever paypal chargeback for an item i posted in December. The strange thing is, the buyer left postive feedback after they recieved it. Would they be trying to scam me?

It was sent as a registered post letter so i have proof of where it went to on the Australia Post lodgement receipt and the tracking shows as delivered.  So i'm just wondering if there's a chance i'll win the dispute with the delivery proof and the buyer leaving feedback?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

First ever chargeback

Yes, I think you will going by what has been said. I would call ebay / paypal and give them all the necessary info and I think you have a good chance. Then again, I have heard different stories about the same issue. Good luck and keep us all updated.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

First ever chargeback

You will win the charge back especially because you sent it registered. Paypal will and should ask you for details of your postage. So long as you sent it to the address as shown on Paypal you will be fine.

a/ tracking will protect you

b/ customer has left feedback.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

First ever chargeback

the Registered Post has covered you under Paypal's SELLER Protection.

the chargeback may not have been instigated by the buyer, but may have been from the buyers Bank.   these days the c/card providers seem to be knocking back transactions due to overdrawn c/cards etc.

a chargeback is different to a paypal dispute.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply