Flipping - here's one I haven't had before...

I have a regular buyer, buys cheap items of mine (mainly furniture), pays straight away with Paypal then I sometimes have 3-4 week wait for them to pickup even though I stipulate 5 days in my listing.  I tolerate it because they regularly buy items helping me to shift stock.  They have happily told me they 'flip' my items - that is they on-sell them on a different selling platform, most likely for more than I sold them for initially, using my photos.  Still I have no problem with that - good on them.

Then today, after making me wait a month for picking up their recent purchases, they ring and tell me they have on-sold or 'flipped' the items they bought off me and would it be OK for the new buyer (their buyer) to pickup from MY property and pay me the money they owe (so I would get to see how much the items went for second time around) and that my buyer will collect the money from me at a future date.

Now that's pushing the friendship...  I was able to come up with three reasons why this just doesn't cut it with me, how many can you think of?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Flipping - here's one I haven't had before...

I still think your buyer is incredibly rude but next time he gets in touch, why don't you ask outright-what site he uses for selling?

If he won't answer, go to google and google your own photo of the item, see what comes up, it may show it on the site.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply