Fraudster or Waht?

We had a buyer a couple of weeks back who ordered 8x 2-metre lengths of FOE coloured elastic band.

She subsequently sent us a message claiming that we were short by half a metre on all 8x lengths. What the....

Unlikely as my wife is very meticulous when cutting this stuff. I could understand an error on one length but not all 8x.

Anyway we gave her the benefit of the doubt and mailed out an extra 4-metres to make up the claimed shortfall.

She subsequently left us positive FB saying "well done". Yes we feel we were well done over.

She is now on all our special lists.

So now for the best bit....

Just this morning we received another message from the same buyer claiming that several items she received from us were also short on her ordered counts. Problem is she has never ordered anything like these ones from us. The only order we have from her is the one above.

So it looks like she has sent the message to the wrong seller and is trying the very same scam on someone else. She is buying quite a bit of similar stuff from lots of sellers by her FB so we suspect that there is a bit of a scamming pattern here to get more than what she is paying for.

I am inclined to call PayPal now about this and report her activites.

Any thoughts/advice on this one?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fraudster or Waht?

Didn't someone on here a few weeks ago have the same issue with some (I think) buttons? The buyer claimed they hadn't received all they had ordered. It would be interesting to know if it's the same scamming buyer.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fraudster or Waht?

Technically, she hasn't done anything wrong yet.  Baypal will take that angle.

Even if you had contact with other Sellers she has purchased from to prove/disprove her scamming ways, Baypal would still wash their hands of the matter.  It would roll over into the real legal world as fraudulent activity I'm afraid.

For the few things I've sold, I made videos of me packing the items and if it involved some measurement, then I could make that clear in the video as well.  As a Seller, I think like a Buyer and ask myself how could I make a claim against this - hence the videos.

I'd also show the mailing label up close, and then affixing it to the package.

There was one item that I simply put in a red roadside aussie post box rather than drive into town.  I even made a phone video of me doing this.  That was handy as that item 'never arrived' ... well, it definetely left.

Anyway, perhaps contact other sellers she made purchases from (if possible) and spread the story.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Fraudster or Waht?

There was one item that I simply put in a red roadside aussie post box rather than drive into town.  I even made a phone video of me doing this.  That was handy as that item 'never arrived' ... well, it definetely left.

Did that work?  What happeded?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Fraudster or Waht?

Yep.  Even though it had an aussie post tracking on it, they claimed it was never sent.  So I sent a link to the video.

About 5 weeks after all of this was happened, I received an email to say it had arrived, even though it still shows on aussie post as undelivered.

Who knows what the buyer was thinking .. but I proved my part.  Hard to argue with a video.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Fraudster or Waht?

Didn't someone on here a few weeks ago have the same issue with some (I think) buttons? The buyer claimed they hadn't received all they had ordered. It would be interesting to know if it's the same scamming buyer.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply