Free Listings

I have used 76 $0 Insertion and Final Value auctions and my Promotional Offers box tells me that I have 40 free listings left, however when I prepare an auction I am told there will be a $1.65 insertion fee. Why?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Free Listings

Sometimes you can go to the next step when listing and it will show 1.65  0.00.

That is if the first step shows 1.65 before going to the next and before actually listing.

This was a reoccurring glitch some time ago.

Also make sure to refresh your page with promos to confirm the freebies available on ebay.com.au

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Free Listings

I still have a lot to list but I am reluctant to take the chance that I will be charged the insertion fee, which adds up. I will have to think about it a bit before deciding whether to keep listing.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Free Listings

I got onto eBay Live chat and went through a time consuming process which wasn't terribly helpful. They told me to list an item and, if I was charged, I could contact them and arrange a refund. I then listed an item and was informed that I would be charged a $1.65 listing fee. After this I looked at the Promotional Offers pane and my available free listings had changed from 40 to 39. I am going to cross my fingers and list my remaining 7 items on the assumption that I will not be charged and my available free listings will reduce accordingly.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Free Listings

Don't just assume that you will not be charged.  Once you have listed all your items RING ebay and ask for credits for the amounts you have been charged.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Free Listings

lyndal, he may not have been charged at all but just appear as though he will be because sometimes it shows a fee before you confirm the listing but you don't actually pay. I'd check the account but if they're coming off the 40 it's highly unlikely he'll be charged for them.

This is the sort of thing I wish ebay would fix instead of dreaming up new selling formats that waste our time. If people were charged exactly what they should be, ebay would get more listings and more sales.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Free Listings

Go into the account tab, it will show you there if you have been charged.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Free Listings

Keep the the Live Chat transcript that eBay should have emailed you as confirmation that you can request a refund, I just did the same. The promo was saying invite only so contacted live chat and was told I can list and will only be charged $1 if items sell.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply