Fun with a Non-Paying Buyer

I've had a buyer claim that their account is overdrawn, their relative died, and they lost their job - all on the same day! - and they can't pay for the $5 item they bought from me. They requested that I cancel their order.

They sent an echeque which is yet to clear.

How would you handle this? If I cancel their echeque, will I receive a defect?

I wrote back to them and told them if their account was overdrawn, the payment would be denied anyway, so nothing to worry about Smiley Very Happy. Now they're squirming, but I'm thinking it might be more trouble than it's worth to continue making them squirm.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You actually might up being correct...I've had e-cheques before that never cleared!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have cancelled an echeque a few weeks back without getting any defect.

It was at buyer request becasue they wanted to paya again instantly.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Personally I would just wait to see if the e-cheque bounces and if it does, open an unpaid item case.

Apparently if you select buyer changed mind in MC it shouldn't register as a defect but some have posted here that it did on occasions.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I am with Kopes, I would just wait and see if the echeque clears and if it does send with tracking.

If it is cancelled because there is no money in their bank account it should show as unpaid again after a few hours then you can open an unpaid item dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply