Funds on hold - 3 day release broken because staff do it manually

I have just finished a couple of disucssions with ebay support regarding funds from my sales being held for more than the 3 days their policy states.

I meet all their critereia for 3 day release; I use their lable printing so tracking info is ther immediately, delivery is conifrmed and visible through ebay, over 5 business days later funds are still on hold.

This happens with all my transactions I couldn't get an answer from ebay as to why. They kept talking in circles stating their policy back to me, which I pointed out ebay is not adhereing to!!

I eventually got a straight answer from support over the phone.

ALL FUNDS RELEASING IS DONE MANUIALLY BY STAFF, AND THEY ARE UNDER RESOURCED SO IT TAKES LONGER THAN THE 3 DAYS IT SHOULD!! 

HOLY SH!t !!!

none of the funds releasing is done automically !!??? I'm beyond dumbfounded....

I really can't believe what they just told me. I suspect they're actually in breach of the law given they are not fulfilling their obligations to issue your money to you in the time frame they state, when the other party is fulfilling all of their obligations on the matter.

Is anyone else delaing with this ???  Surely it's not just me... 

I'm so **bleep** off ..

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I'm not to sure what you're talking about 3 day release because it's 21 day hold on funds not 3 days.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

you're actually incorrect. The 21 day policy is the maximum you'll wait. There's a 7 day wait criteria, and 3 day wait criteria.

read the policy.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

It is actually PayPal holding the funds on eBay purchases.

So you need to speak with PayPal not eBay.

Based on your postage method and information you provide us, funds that are temporarily placed on hold should be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information ormark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.

image host
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

no, you're also incorrect.

The funds are put on hold at ebay's direction. Paypal clearly state (in your account balance area) to contact ebay regaring the hold.

They've removed the hold for me twice after contacting them after the 3 business day period.

let me say, ebay aren't disputing anything i've said in my op. Only the people on this forum seem to be.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

PayPal Help Centre - why is my payment from a sale on eBay on hold?

Here are some common reasons why your eBay payment may be subjected to a hold:

• You’re a new seller (whether on or off eBay);
  • You have a “Below Standard” seller rating on eBay; or
  • The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern.

To encourage faster delivery and help ensure buyer satisfaction, your payment has been temporarily held for up to 21 days from the transaction date.

How do I get my eBay payment sooner?
If you fulfill the order quickly and mark the item as sent in your eBay account, the pending payment should be available 7 days after the estimated delivery date. However, if your buyer reports any transaction issue, the payment will continue to hold until the issue is resolved.

eBay Help -> Selling -> Completing a sale -> Pending payments

Payment holds for new sellers

If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we might put payments from your buyers on hold. Generally, the funds will be available either:

• Seven days after the estimated delivery date, or
  • Three days after confirmed delivery

If the buyer reports a problem with the transaction, we'll place another hold until the issue has been resolved.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

your point?

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

I know there's a 3,7 and 21 days hold but they only go by the 21 day hold if you haven't sold for the past 90 days which you haven't so it will be the 21 day hold.

Been there tried to in the past but never ever had the hold shortened under 21 days,argued til the cows came home but still had it for 21 days.

Good luck

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

with all due respect, you don't know what your talking about.

I've sold over $800 worth of items in the past 2 months, and use ebay's label printing service so tracking number is provided by ebay immediately.

Now you don't get the 3 day service option if you've been a seller for less than 90 days. My first sale was over 2000 days ago (a number that ebay gave me themselve), so ebay themselves have told me over the phone that I should be getting my money within 3 days after confirmed delivery, which is not happeining because of what I stat in my op.

I'm not asking for people's advice as to why this is happening, I know why, and I've told you all why...I'm trying to gauge how widespread the issue is.

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information ormark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

You're a new seller get that through your head.

That's right you haven't sold for 90 days you have only sold for 60 days so there is 30 days to go before you will qualify.

You won't get the funds for 21 days as you're a newbie.

2000 days between sales is more than 90 days lol.

You don't understand what's going on here lol.

If you haven't sold for 90 days or it hasn't been 90 days since your first sale you will have the 21 days hold.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply