Getting Authentication for Designer Items.

jendazz
Community Member

Hello, I have a designer handbag, necklace and 2 pair of shoes that I would like to sell. They are all  in mint condition. 

I know that they are 100% authentic as I purchased them myself from the places direct (about 5 years ago and in the USA) but stupidly, I haven't kept  the receipts or the autenticity papers. I haven't even kept the dustbag for the bag and one pair of shoes.

My question is, can I use a service like My Poupette or Autenticate First?  Is this enough to prove authenticity and do potential bidders trust this method?  I am very hesitant about listing without some peace of mind for potential bidders.

I have tried a few places that sell designer bags and shoes and whilst they all agree that the peices are authentic they do not offer any services to  officially authenticate them. 

The items in question are Versace Bag with matching shoes, Versace Charm necklace and Jimmy Choo Shoes.

Any suggestions or advice? Happy to upload images etc if it helps.

Jen

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

My advice would be to forget about selling them on ebay. Even if you had the retail receipts you would probably spend endless hours on the phone to both ebay and the brand holders if they are VERO members and even then there will be no guarantee the items won't be pulled.

Also keep in mind that most buyers who are prepared to risk a bid will probably assume they are counterfeit and you won't be selling for anything like what they are worth.

In most areas there are B&M auction houses who sell clothes etc and you will probably do a lot better there if they are genuine.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Excellent advice phorum. I could not agree more with you in every respect in your reply.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@creationsgonemad69 wrote:

Hello, I have a designer handbag, necklace and 2 pair of shoes that I would like to sell. They are all  in mint condition. 

I know that they are 100% authentic as I purchased them myself from the places direct (about 5 years ago and in the USA) but stupidly, I haven't kept  the receipts or the autenticity papers. I haven't even kept the dustbag for the bag and one pair of shoes.

My question is, can I use a service like My Poupette or Autenticate First?  Is this enough to prove authenticity and do potential bidders trust this method?  I am very hesitant about listing without some peace of mind for potential bidders.

I have tried a few places that sell designer bags and shoes and whilst they all agree that the peices are authentic they do not offer any services to  officially authenticate them. 

The items in question are Versace Bag with matching shoes, Versace Charm necklace and Jimmy Choo Shoes.

Any suggestions or advice? Happy to upload images etc if it helps.

Jen

With all respect to the members who have posted previously I have much respect for both of you however...........that info is incorrect.

Some of ebays bigggest businesses have been built on the resale of these items .Many of their success stories as well as their fabulous vintage & preloved items have appeared on or in 60 minutes, time, vogue, elle, cosmo etc.

YES you can sell your items and yes you should have them authenticated prior to listing.

I recommend etinceler.com or authenticate4u, caroldiva, ( ebay accepted)

Please make sure all serial numbers/ holograms/ logos and stitching  hardware are  photographed close up and appear in the listing pics. Take as many pics as you can, use the max number.  Show all edges, handles, inside linings. Please make sure to take close up pics of imperfections & mention them in your lisitng.

All serial numbers must be included in the listing.

Its best if you are aware of the name of the style of the bag or shoes & can name it in the listing.

Place the name of the authentication service you used in the listing, this protects "one off sellers" somewhat.

Lastly I am a seller of luxury brand items on a different ID. I am happy to help you.

These days receipts are becoming irrelevant as the counterfeiters are now reproducing them also.

BEST of luck! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply