Getting paid from buyer

How long do I give a buyer to send payment?

Even after sending out a reminder?

What happens if they don't honour the sale?

Why do buyers get away with negative feedback

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Getting paid from buyer

Don't resend an invoice, as for some strange reason Ebay uses the date you resend the invoice as the day of the sale therefore making you to have wait a longer period to wait to cancel the transaction due to non paying bidder.

You can also leave restrictions on certain accounts for example accounts with 0 feedback can't purchase or must be pre approved etc.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@negron18 wrote:

You can also leave restrictions on certain accounts for example accounts with 0 feedback can't purchase or must be pre approved etc.

Only if they have ''Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought" from you.

It will be a sad day if this was allowed accross the board.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Personally, I wouldn't be allowing any more than the 4 days they get from ebay.

I guess if you mainy run auctions, then buyers probably won't be online when the auction finishes, so they will need time, but I can't see why that should take your normal buyer more than a day or so.

If a buyer doesn't pay, you just report it as an unpaid sale & get your fees back, as others have said.

Why do buyers get away with feedback? To give other buyers a sense of a particular seller's strengths and weaknesses.

Why can't sellers give feedback? In the old days, they could. But a few abused it. If a buyer gave a well deserved neg (and they could only leave short messages back then, but slow postage, not receiving item or receiving broken items etc don't take too many words), then some sellers would automatically give a neg back to a seller.

This was often in the days before paypal, where a buyer had no protection.

I did see one buyer ask a seller-Why have you given me a neg when i paid promptly? The seller replied-You gave me a neg so obviously it was a negative experience. That's not good enough-it was simply **bleep** for tat, a standover tactic, as in, don't dare give us a neg or we will neg you right back. 

It had to stop. It did. I'd say ebay had an avalnache of buyer complaints about it.

That doesn't mean there aren't some numpty buyers out there who don't give ridiculous feedback sometimes but most other buyers can spot a silly comment when they see one.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply