Global Shipping Program

go-tazz
Community Member

Just saw this on a listing from the US,?:|

No additional import charges at delivery!

This item will be posted through the Global Posting Program and includes international tracking.

Hopefully they don't bring that in here for the sellers that post internationally,:O

Makes for even longer postage as it is shipped to a global shipping provider and the global shipping provider posts the item to you.

There could also also be more fees involved, X-(

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/shipping-globally.html

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Global Shipping Program

You dragged up an almost 4yo thread to make that grand announcement? Personally, I try and buy large items through GSP because it's way, way cheaper than standard postage.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Really?

You may as well do what a lot of us do and not sell international.

Even though he's still around, I doubt tazz cares at this late date.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

@masterstroke.eng wrote:

Bring it on here !  I'm fed up paying high international air  postage prices that rise twice a year, then get slugged fees on the postage costs. Much rather send the items to a local shipper and let them worry about it recon it would cost the seller far less

I would have thought that most sellers would have the postage paid for by the buyer, even for international sales.  As a seller, you can include a handling charge, and this is where you could help to recover the fees on postage.

Simple thing to do would be to work out which countries you are prepared to send to, find out the appropriate costs involved for AP or courier and include that in your listing as well as incorporating a buffer by having a nominal handling charge built into those amounts.

I recently bought an item from the UK and asked the seller for a postage estimate before bidding.  He gave an estimate that I was happy with and I did bid and win.  He sent via courier, and when I input the item size/weight into the courier calculator I saw that he charged me more than what the courier site said the postage would be.  However, I only did that out of curiosity, and am not one bit concerned that I paid more for the postage service used as I respect the seller's right to not lose on postage and for me to pay that little bit extra as I really wanted this item.  It also makes me feel like this seller takes his selling seriously, and that if there were any problems he would do everything a seller should do to help sort them out.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Global Shipping Program

GT, I noticed this on one of my US sellers items this morning as well, but it's not on all of his items for auction....?:| Is it the same as the Pitney Bowes system that the US sellers were using, or a different beast altogether??

I've emailed my seller there and will update this when I hear back from him.

Padi.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I looked into that as I do buy quite a few items from USA sellers.  On the face of it, they charge the buyer to manage international posting costs + customs and import charge even though there are none of these for the second hand/used low price items I buy.

I have been having my USA won items sent to a friend in the USA and he just boxes them up and forwards them to me at postage cost only when he has enough to fill a box.

The GSP items do offer good seller protections for USA sellers that use the service, but the buyer ends up paying more to provide that protection for the seller as the seller charges the buyer to get the item posted to the shipping provider (Pitney Bowes) as well as the postage to get the item sent from the shipping provider to here + a customs/import fee.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

For sellers, the Global Shipping Program simplifies selling items to international buyers. Simply ship items to a US shipping center. They'll manage the shipping and customs process and send the item to the international buyer. Find out more about using the Global Shipping Program, including eligibility and opting in to the program. The Global Shipping Program also makes it easier for buyers in other count...buying an item through the Global Shipping Program.

Buyer charges

In the listing, the buyer sees an estimate of the international shipping charges and the import charge. During checkout, the buyer sees the final charges which include the item cost, the international shipping charges, and the import charge. The international shipping charges include any US shipping, as well as program fees, third-party international shipping charges, fuel surcharges, and processing and handling fees. The import charge includes applicable customs duties, taxes, and third-party brokerage.

In addition to the final charges, the buyer sees the amount paid to the seller and the amount paid to the global shipping provider. You receive the item price and the domestic shipping and handling cost from the buyer.

Blah blah Blah

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I've bought a few items from US sellers participating in the GSP. Each time it has got here in about a week and a half (a few days to Pitney Bowes and then a week via FedEx to Aus) so I definitely wouldn't accuse it of being slow.

They don't collect customs duty or GST unless required by Australian law (if the shipment is over $1000).

Obviously there will be exceptions but everything I have bought has been WAY cheaper than the comparable USPS service. I recently paid $39 for something that would have cost a minimum of $60 through USPS and it got here in half the time. I'm more than happy to keep using it, in fact I favour US sellers that offer it.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

scotty*75
Community Member

I have bought 2 Items from America using the GSP.

Very fast, arrived in 1 week using Fexex but would have like the option to pay half the postage and use regular post..

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

scotty*75
Community Member

Fedex

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Just got an email back from my seller in the States and he's saying the reason many of his items are not on the GSP is that for some reason any listing that mentions "antique" or "vintage" gets knocked out of the system......

Strange one that.....?:|

Anyway I'll forward this thread to him once it's got a few more posts on it.

Padi.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I am paying more for goods from USA sellers that are using GSP.

It is always $8-10 difference for something relatively small and there is no way for negotiating other service.

For example, small item can go over USPS First Class international mail for $11, a little bit bigger item is $18.

Now using GSP the cheapest is $38 and too many times I saw shipping costs going to $45!!!

GSP should be an equivalent to USPS Priorituy mail international that gets here in Australia almost equaly fast as first class mail service.

Very disappointing.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

You are lucky that the seller is only asking $45....I have been watching a pair of earrings for a while now. They were originally listed for US$5.00 postage (this seller used to subsidise all his postage on expensive items)

He has now gone with the GSP and the charge is US$65.00 on the same earrings.

Not only are Pitney Bowes using Priority Mail International but they are increasing it still further to Priority Express Mail International....probably to make up time that is wasted in shipping to them in the first place.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply