Global Shipping Program

go-tazz
Community Member

Just saw this on a listing from the US,?:|

No additional import charges at delivery!

This item will be posted through the Global Posting Program and includes international tracking.

Hopefully they don't bring that in here for the sellers that post internationally,:O

Makes for even longer postage as it is shipped to a global shipping provider and the global shipping provider posts the item to you.

There could also also be more fees involved, X-(

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/shipping-globally.html

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Global Shipping Program

@maphy7 wrote:

I am paying more for goods from USA sellers that are using GSP.

It is always $8-10 difference for something relatively small and there is no way for negotiating other service.

For example, small item can go over USPS First Class international mail for $11, a little bit bigger item is $18.

Now using GSP the cheapest is $38 and too many times I saw shipping costs going to $45!!!

GSP should be an equivalent to USPS Priorituy mail international that gets here in Australia almost equaly fast as first class mail service.

Very disappointing.

I agree, since I made that post the GSP prices on the type of items I buy has increased dramatically and it's no longer economical to use it 😞

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I won't be buying from anyone who is using the GSP. Every item I was interested in has had outrageous shipping costs.

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I also will not purchase from a US seller using this service. Previously, I have never had a problem when shipped through USPS.

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Hi,

I refuse to make a bid, put in an offer or buy now any item shipped via the Global shipping Program - I would like to vote that they substitut the double p in shipping to a double t !!!

More items have arrived damaged than not - simply inexcusable.

I would like to ask the question - Has anyone ordered through Amazon - they come shipped and pachaged perfectly, great sturdy cartons, adequate apcking inside to protect - I ask whay can not ebay's global shipping program operate this way.

The Amazon shipping cost is cheaper than the GSP and incident free - well that has been my experience anyway.

Makes you wonder..... Check out my latest disaster involving the GSP - attached photo of carton received 90%opened end panel pushed in and side crushed and bent flat - which had a beuatiful collection Christian Dior Barie inside...

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Yes... and that is if you are lucky to receive the item in one piece !!!!

I swear they kick the parcels around like footballs.

I refuse to buy items shipped this way and if all buyers take that same stand they may do someting to improve theie system as it is failing miserably... See my latest fiasco received this morning inside was a beautiful Collectors Christain Dior Barbie for my collection.

I vote to dismantle the GSP and go back to the old fashioned way whith which I never recall having a problem...

Cheers to all and may the good lord look over our packages and protect them during the tormentuous transit,

Thanks for listening 

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Sorry to hijack!
I have bought a drum rack US to OZ. This is a fairly bulky item which the seller says he has packed extremely well.
My first question is how long is the package expected to wait at Erlanger? It's now been there for 4 days under 'documents and labelling' it doesn't appear to be moving!
Can I find out using the tracking number on eBay when this will leave this facility?
Also I have read that the packages are re packed here? Why would they do this when international sellers would surely already pack the parcels for this purpose!
Any help appreciated!
Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Not all packages are re-packed. Some are opened and inspected to confirm customs info etc.

There seems to be no standard shipping route or delivery time for parcels sent with the GSP. Here's the tracking info for a parcel we received yesterday.

Delivered
Oct-28-13, 03:23 AM,

Out for Delivery
Oct-27-13, 20:02 PM, DERRIMUT 3030

In Transit with Destination Carrier
Oct-27-13, 19:58 PM, DERRIMUT 3030

Oct-26-13, 09:53 AM, ALEXANDRIA 2015

Oct-26-13, 08:17 AM, ALEXANDRIA 2015

Customs Cleared
Oct-26-13, 08:17 AM, ALEXANDRIA 2015

Oct-25-13, 21:03 PM, HONOLULU, HI 96819

Oct-23-13, 10:30 AM, OAKLAND, CA 94621

Oct-22-13, 22:32 PM, OAKLAND, CA 94621

Oct-22-13, 18:45 PM, MEMPHIS, TN 38118

Oct-22-13, 08:50 AM, MEMPHIS, TN 38118

Oct-20-13, 22:04 PM, MEMPHIS, TN 38118

Oct-19-13, 22:26 PM, MEMPHIS, TN 38118

Oct-19-13, 21:17 PM, MEMPHIS, TN 38118

Oct-19-13, 14:42 PM, MEMPHIS, TN 38118

Oct-19-13, 02:30 AM, HEBRON, KY 41048

Shipped from US Shipping Center to International Destination
Oct-19-13, 00:10 AM, Erlanger

Customs Documentation and Labeling
Oct-18-13, 14:57 PM, Erlanger

Processing at US Shipping Center
Oct-18-13, 14:30 PM, Erlanger

Arrived at US shipping Center
Oct-18-13, 13:04 PM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Sorting Complete
Oct-18-13, 09:01 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Arrival at Post Office
Oct-18-13, 03:49 AM, ERLANGER, KY 41018

In Transit-Depart USPS Sort Facility
Oct-18-13, 00:00 AM, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

In Transit-Processed through USPS Sort Facility
Oct-17-13, 13:07 PM, CINCINNATI, OH 45235

In Transit-Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
Oct-16-13, 13:45 PM, MEMPHIS, TN 38136

In Transit-Dispatched to Sort Facility
Oct-15-13, 16:29 PM, O FALLON, IL 62269

In Transit-Acceptance
Oct-15-13, 11:23 AM, O FALLON, IL 62269

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

asp8551de
Community Member

I won't buying anything with Global Shipping Program. The custom taxes is not following the law; they charge too much

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

You dragged up an almost 4yo thread to make that grand announcement? Personally, I try and buy large items through GSP because it's way, way cheaper than standard postage.

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Bring it on here !  I'm fed up paying high international air  postage prices that rise twice a year, then get slugged fees on the postage costs. Much rather send the items to a local shipper and let them worry about it recon it would cost the seller far less

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply