Good 'til Cancelled sucks!

Worst thing eBay has ever implemented. Item's now get bugger all views, and I havent made a sale since they enabled this **bleep**.

If it's not changed back soon, I think I'll be closing my account and selling elswhere.

😞

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

My sales are pretty much as they always have been, but I used 30 day BINs before. The only difference is no free relists, so I've had to limit my listings.

See ya

Edit: Must be a different account - you only had one selling feedback in the six months prior to mandatory GTC.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I've always listed items for quick sales, even if selling at a loss and usually niche items, the ability to run a short listing would usualy snag a sale. Now items sit there for weeks with maybe a few views and no bites. 

Not a different account, I have sold a few items within the last 12 months, people are just too damn lazy to leave feedback, and don't bother ask them to like some sellers do when I buy things. I'm not a business, just a guy who occasionly sells redundant **bleep** off.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

You're nearly six months late if you have only just found that out. Sales on eBay are pure luck, always have been. Usually I struggle to sell 15 items a month, I dropped to 11 twice after February's changes - this month for some reason I have had 20 sales despite changing nothing. All I have done over the past week is buy a few stamps, unless buying something on eBay magically leads to listings being seen by the world - I rarely ever buy anything on here.

Just change the GTC listings to 10-day auctions (with Buy It Now as well if need be) if you qualify for the 8 free relists (make sure it says "it's free to relist", as apparently eBay has tried to kill the free part of the free relists too for some sellers), that lets you list everything for 90 days without eating up the 40 listings. Over three months you will have up to 120 listings and not pay eBay a cent for them until they sell. Or pay $25 per month for a store subscription and you will get 600 free listings every month instead of 40.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Honestly I couldn't care less about free listings, as I said I'm not running a business through eBay, I don't mind paying a small fee to sell the odd item.

I noticed the change a couple months ago when I listed some items, I eveuntually just pulled them and sold elswhere.

I've never had an issue off loading stuff on eBay before, but it's a struggle now. I have no interest in running auctions on semi-niche stuff, because the risk of selling stuff well below it's value is too high.

If it's just the way it is, and it's not going to change then so be it, I'll go sell my stuff somewhere else in future.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@lunchmoneymatt wrote:

I've always listed items for quick sales, even if selling at a loss and usually niche items, the ability to run a short listing would usualy snag a sale. Now items sit there for weeks with maybe a few views and no bites. 

Not a different account, I have sold a few items within the last 12 months, people are just too damn lazy to leave feedback, and don't bother ask them to like some sellers do when I buy things. I'm not a business, just a guy who occasionly sells redundant **bleep** off.

Why bother listing if you're selling at a loss? More fool you.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@lunchmoneymatt wrote:

Why bother listing if you're selling at a loss? More fool you.

I'd rather sell something off at a loss than have it sitting around collecting dust or loosing value even further. In some cases I just want to make some quick cash to fund a new purchase. BTW, thanks for the insult, I appreciate it, not that your question had anything to do with the point of this thread.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I suppose it depends on how much of a loss e.g. it is better getting *some* money on eBay over getting cents to the dollar at a pawn shop (Cash Converters etc.) or nothing whatsoever if you dumped everything outside the nearest Salvos/Vinnies etc.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@lunchmoneymatt wrote:

Honestly I couldn't care less about free listings, as I said I'm not running a business through eBay, I don't mind paying a small fee to sell the odd item.

I noticed the change a couple months ago when I listed some items, I eveuntually just pulled them and sold elswhere.

I've never had an issue off loading stuff on eBay before, but it's a struggle now. I have no interest in running auctions on semi-niche stuff, because the risk of selling stuff well below it's value is too high.

If it's just the way it is, and it's not going to change then so be it, I'll go sell my stuff somewhere else in future.

The whole point of the comment about running auctions is that they have a shorter duration and get seen more.  There's no risk of selling anything below its value if you set an auction start price at the same price you'd put on it if the listing was BIN.  In all my 15 or 16 years on ebay, I've NEVER started an auction at a price below what I'd be willing to sell for.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Ah, now I see exactly why they did it, they've added a pay to boost option. So basically they've remove a free way of selling something quickly, only to introduce a paid way of doing the exact same thing. As if they werent getting enough of our sales money as it were 😞

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply