Gotta say. there's more knucklehead buyers out there these days...

Ten years ago when I was selling, buyers expected a combined postage discount. And too right, so do I as a buyer.

Now, more often than not, buyers pay straight away for mulitple purchases and don't allow you any time to send them an invoice to save them money on postage, or even send me a request for an invoice probably never crossed their minds.

Sending them a partial refund less ebays non refundable fees has gotten tiresome

So I just message them now and offer a discount on their next purchase or purchases.

See how that goes.  

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Since you're only selling magazines , why don't you create a single postage policy which covers postage for the first item and say $1.00 for each additional item afterwards. Then apply the policy to all the listings.

No more bother with refunds etc.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I prefer to do actual postage costs, little bit of handling.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Don't most of the magazines fit into a large envelope? Those cost $2.20 to send at the PO and you're charging $6.00. Or are they too thick to go as a large letter?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Plus it might work out I dupe myself, Jelly, coz the next mag (two mags) might weigh more than 500g, that won't fit in a large green envelpoe nor a small satchel due to it's physical size, the postage would cost $12.75 with tracking for a med size satchel

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

There is an alternative solution. I use plain white satchels that are sized somewhere between the small and the medium satchels and they go at the same parcel rate of $9.15 up to 500g, so multiple magazines would fit into them.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

What are there satchels called, Jelly?

ATM I buy lots of ten medium sized satchels and small size just incase they fit.

Under a AP biz acount.

And just saying, There were only a percentage of buyers who used to leave FB, now it's far less, don't really care, just an observation 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I buy them from an Ebay seller. Here is a link to the product size I use:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223482763646

You can get 100 of them for $20, so see if it's worth your while.

I also have an Aus Post biz account - you just need to take your QR code for them to scan at the PO, and you will get a discount on the label.

Feedback is pretty scant these days. I have about 5000 transactions and just 1666 feedback. It doesn't really matter though.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

It is cheaper than 25c each for flat rate bags, Where does the QR codes come from for those bags, Jelly?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

It will be part of your Aus Post biz account. I can't remember exactly where to find it. I just took a photo of the screen with my phone and that's what they scan at the PO.

So, all you do is:

1) address the satchel.

2) Go to the PO and show them your QR code which they will scan

3) Pay the discounted postage label.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply