Gremlins

Anyone else having problems with Payal? Have a payment that is showing as pending in ebay but no email about an echeque and no sign of it in my Paypal account. Just this item, all others have shown up.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Gremlins

I had one like that last week. The buyer ended up paying again through an instant payment as she wanted the product and sorted out the first payment with Paypal herself. I know this was not ideal for protection etc.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Gremlins

dn1940
Community Member

I have two email accounts, is the one you use on ebay the same as your paypal one, it caused a problem for me once as the customer tried to pay the ebay email and not the paypal one

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Gremlins

I have several email addresses linked to paypal. I have only ever had 2 addresses linked to this ebay id and I have checked them both although they are both linked to the same paypal account so it shouldn' make any difference.

have used Paypal almost since it ws started and not even called paypal and have never had this happen before

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Gremlins

PJ there have been a number of similar problems mentioned on the boards in recent weeks with minor variations.  So far it does not seem to be wide spread enough to cause an avalanche of posters coming here....just enough to make me think it may not be too long before it does happen.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Gremlins

at the risk of being laughed out of court,  perhaps she paid by bank deposit?  doesn't that show as pending?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Gremlins

Bank deposit does not show in paypal at all.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Gremlins

Nor does Pj's pending payment. According to the OP it is pending in eBay only.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Gremlins

If a buyer marks a payment as sent, it will show as pending but it should be pretty simple to determine how they paid (or intended to pay), based on whether the buyer went through checkout and what the payment status says when you mouse-over the hourglass icon  (if a PayPal payment, the status will say so). 

You could always ask the buyer for the transaction ID, might help if/when you call PayPal to trace it. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply