Guaranteed Delivery 3 Day Delivery

I'm curious to hear from anyone who has opted in...

We havn't. I could probably do it for Brisbane Metro Area and possibly Sydney & Melbourne but it really depends on couriers and Australia Post. Every couple of months something invariably goes wrong and an item doesnt get delivered on time or gets lost. I just dont know how we could possible guarantee delivery within 3 days... And what happens if it doesnt arrive? You end up with an angry buyer and that's never good. And sometimes Ebay's delivery areas (ie surcharge areas) dont actually match up with courier surcharge areas so you'd have to go and select each suburb individually which would be a huge pain.

Our motto is under promise and over deliver - I can't see the guaranteed delivery working for us.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Guaranteed Delivery 3 Day Delivery

Yes it's running, the icon is at the top of any search page, but depending on where you are you may not get very many hits on it.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

I recently sent a letter which had to go two suburbs away in Melbourne and it took a week.  Couldn't believe it.

Someone told me also that their express next day satchels from their work office often take about 3 days to another suburb in Melbourne.

eBay needs to let all this silly postage marketing stuff go and just leave it up to us sellers and the actual postal/courier companies to do our thing.  Too many expectations are placed on sellers and once eBay stops involving sellers in this stuff the buyers will stop expecting so much from us and learn to live with the unpredictable, erratic shipping provided by the postal services.

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

Its a silly idea, sometimes takes Aus post to deliver registered insured tracked parcels

4 days from Wollongong to places in Sydney, I can drive the delivery in 2 hours easy.

Does the guarantee consider attempted deliveries, or waiting for pick ups etc...

Also depends on time of day parcel is innitially sent. If after 2pm it just sits there

until the bnext day before being collected and moved on to the sorting centre.

Plus who wants used items or damaged packaging(opend ripped) etc sent back for full refunds,

then what are you meant to do with the unsellable items....

Then theres this,

I buy a fair bit on ebay and have noticed,

the buying experience is sort of ruined by their

silly ebay plus, n guaranteed delivery additions.

Normal delivery times have vanished.

The sort order doesnt seem to work either

so locked on best match which I never use.

oh well.

Now to see what as a buyer my own products look like.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also buy on Ebay through another ID, and I'm a big fan of delayed gratification.  This instant gratification scenario of guaranteed delivery in 3 days, does nothing for me psychologically, but I imagine those seriously addicted to internet shopping are living the dream with the idea.  I received my latest Ebay purchase 7 days after ordering it - worth the wait and the discipline to be patient in the long run.Woman Happy

On the other hand, the guaranteed 3 day delivery would be an appropriate option and important for a hard-to-get item that is required urgently, for those living in regional areas where access to certain items, e.g. in healthcare for instance, might be unavailable, but genuinely required urgently.  It's OK for me in this sense, being in a capital city, as I can easily go out and buy the item if urgently required.

Just a few thoughts/musings on the subject.  Thank you!

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

Three day delivery will only apply to a limited area.....it is not 3 day delivery to anywhere in Australia.

Sellers will only offer it to  areas where they have reliable delivery methods such asa good courier service.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

it seems an idea that can only bring trouble to a seller as once the items handed to a delivery service its no longer in the sellers control for how long it takes to arrive.

the delivery company has no responsibility to get the thing delivered in 3 days.

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

i have a much better idea, how about ebay do a deal with Piney Blows to deliver an item within 2 weeks from anywhere in the world?

thats from the day the item is paid for!

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

We’ve been watching mail pretty closely lately. The standard seems to be about 4 days, some 3’s and some 5’s, and of course the odd blowouts, but never consistent 3’s. Generally, I think AP do a pretty good job. I’ve spoken with our local PO about this three day guarantee and there are so many variables; what time of day the item is lodged, how many collections per day a particulat PO is registered for, because not all have two or three, technology, machinery and staffing issues at distribution centres, and unforeseen overloads. And, that’s just for starters and at the receiving end only.

With respect to intra city we’re in the same boat as Transport-posters. It’s a mystery. To be fair it’s not all the time, but 4-5 days is prevalent enough to be a concern.

I know the guaranteed three days is within certain parameters, but even so I think it’s an opt in to guaranteed strife and more work somewhere along the way and confrontation with some customers, especially those who don’t read he fine print, and that’s the last thing we need.

Under promising and then exceeding customer expectations still seems to be the safest route for us. Opting in we won’t be.

Melina.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i have a much better idea, how about ebay do a deal with Piney Blows to deliver an item within 2 weeks from anywhere in the world?

thats from the day the item is paid for!

superg.gifonitsway.gifg_lol.gif

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

This will get interesting come Christmas time when AP gets bogged down with the extra load and everyone wants their stuff yesterday.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 20 of 29
Latest reply