HELP!! need help with combining invoices

Hi i have had a buyer that bought a girls top, had to start a dispute finally paid with paypal

THEN she wanted more items and bought more and won them.  My issue is she obviously wants them all sent together to save on postage.  BUT she has paid for the first item with paypal which i need to supply the tracking number

I then have another completely different transaction with the other items which i cant supply the same tracking number.  Buyer is not understanding what im going on about.

I cant join the first girls top with the other items and send a new invoice so i can have them all together in one combined invoice hence have the same tracking number.  I have had this before and paypal said to refund first item but you cant add it to the next invoice just add the $$ to the new invoice

what do i do?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

send a new invoice for the rest (taking into account combined postage) & send them all together, as you have messages between you confirming that it will be 1 parcel. I do it all the time 🙂
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

thank you for getting back to me.  can you add the tracking number to both transactions?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

sometimes......if you can't just upload tracking via messages
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I've had buyers pay separately and I've sent together. As long as the items were bought from the same account (I have 3 selling accounts), and the buyer has used to same account, then you can upload the tracking number to both transactions. The only time I haven't been able to do it was when the buyer bought something from each of my accounts. Another time a buyer bought something with her account and then accidentally bought something else while her husband was still logged in.

If you use eBay labels, I think you can still copy and paste the tracking into the second transaction. I haven't had to do it for awhile, so can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty certain you can.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I recently had a a problem adding a tracking number to a second transaction.

Normally, I have no problem adding a tracking number to multiple sales, I did it less that a week ago. However, one time I kept getting an error saying that I couldn't use the same tracking number for 2 transactions. I solved it by removing the tracking number from the original transaction then adding it again. It may have helped that wen i re-did it, it was less than a minute appart. The first time, when it failed, it was 1/2 an hour apart.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I use seller hub.

To add the same tracking number to 2 transactions, I tick the box next to both sales, then select "add tracking number" from the drop down at the top.

That seems to work most of the time - the only time I had problems was when there were more than 40 items in total, then the tracking number wouldn't add to both (very annoying as it really was 1 transaction, just 2 invoices as there is a limit of 40 per invoice!).
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply