HOW DO YOU AMEND AN INVOICE YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT

Ive already sent the buyer an invoice but it weighed more than I thought & I need to send an amended invoice.

What is the correct procedure?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Firsty, has the buyer agreed to pay the extra money?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You can resend the invoice from the dropdown next to the sold item, but make sure the buyer is happy to pay the extra or you could end up with a negative feedback. It is your responsibility as a seller to make sure postage is correct when you send the invoice because buyers are under no obligation to pay extra for your mistake.

If the buyer has already paid, you can't resend an invoice and you can't ask them for more money, you just have to cop it on the chin and learn from your mistake.

If you are unsure of how much something is going to cost, package it up and take it to the PO for a quote. Or, invest in some cheap digital kitchen scales and use the postage calculator on the Aust Post website.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

allfixelectrical
Community Member

If the buyer has not yet paid then you can simply send another invoice with the revised postage amounts.

As another poster has said, however, that may result in you receiving negative feedback or the person may reneg on payment.

If you do send a revised invoice I would suggest also sending an ebay message immediately, explaining that the first amount was a genuine mistake and that you would lose out if it was left as it was. Hopefully they understand and accept the explanation.

If the buyer has already paid the initial invoice amount then there is nothing you can do but accept it and take it on the chin as refusing to supply would almost certainly result in bad feedback and an angry customer.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply