HOW LONG SHOULD I KEEP A PAID ORDER FOR THAT HAS NOT BEEN PICKED UP

just wondering i always have paid orders that have not been picked up by buyers after messaging them enough times

how long should i wait to relist them .

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Have you tried ringing them? You can't relist until you have refunded them. 

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

at the moment i would have about 5 items  yes i have tried ringing most of them  then after 60 days they go of my selling screen   i do have a record but sometimes on there there goods the writing weres off the sticker and i cant contact again because there ebay name is not readabel    you say i cant relist them until i refund them there money back , is there a rule    i cant keep orders for ever 

surely if i send back there money after a year  in a lot of cases and then relist it  being a year older i would not get the price from a year back 

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

at the moment i would have about 5 items  yes i have tried ringing most of them  then after 60 days they go of my selling screen   i do have a record but sometimes on there there goods the writing weres off the sticker and i cant contact again because there ebay name is not readabel    you say i cant relist them until i refund them there money back , is there a rule    i cant keep orders for ever 

surely if i send back there money after a year  in a lot of cases and then relist it  being a year older i would not get the price from a year back 

Call ebay and explain it to them. As sheeps mention, you have to refund them ( that in return will give you defects these days i think )

Find out from ebay ! After all this time, if you have done everything possible and still have not heard from them, I think you may be ok ??

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

this has being happening for years   buyers forget its simple  a year ago this buyer came to pick up his order and his ebay name sounded familiar i had a can worth $100 in my stock and i said was that you and he said yes it was he totally forgot about it  from that day from being honest he has spent 1000s with me    so it pays to br honest

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

You do not get a defect if you just refund direct from Paypal, and that is the only way you should refund if that is how they paid.  I would refund less the fvf and they cannot open a dispute as it is a pick up item.

I certainly wouldn't hang on to it for more than a couple of months but would send the an email backed up by real letter saying if it is not collected by AA/XX you will start to charge storage at $y untill the payment stops covering the fee and will then dispose of it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

i usally allow 3 months now   but nobody even ebay cant give me a rulling ,

my problem is this i message enough times  aafter  60 days the buyers info goes off the screen  on b uyers orders i have there ebay name on a sticker   they fall off or the ink is unreadable so i can not get back to the buyer or paypal .

if i sold an article that deaprciates fast and i relist the article in lets say 6 months time and the origanal price was $400   it might only be worth $300 now dont you think i pay if i have there details the new relisted price i got less fees would be the go.

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

Simple solution... buy better quality stickers and writing implements.
Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

In NSW if you allow 3 months for pick up then after 2 months for items $100 or under you need to remind them with a l

etter or a phone call that in 28 days you will be disposing of the goods

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Consumers/Buying_goods/Uncollected_goods.page

Less than $100

The trader must give a verbal or written notice to the customer that they intend to dispose of the goods.
If the goods remain uncollected after 28 days of that notice, they may be disposed of in any such manner as the trader considers appropriate. 

long version here

UNCOLLECTED GOODS ACT 1995

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/uga1995179/

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

you should know by now my spelling could need some help lol

but i still try and contact in the first 2 months is that enough for a seller with my messages which are available to view by ebay 

i now allow an extra month and relist them after 3 months ,

i will tell you all what happened 6 months ago   messaged this buyer over and over he would respond earlier then nothing for months so after 7 months i relisted it and sold it for about half the original price the buyer gets back to me 8 months after he paid for it and asked when he can pick up his paint , i said were have you been hiding for the last 8 months he said he had been overseas on business and you could not of answered my message that would of also gone to your personal email page dont they have computers there  . , he saaid he was very busy  [amazing] anyway i gave him back his money i know i could of said i will only give you back the difference from the 2 sales but thats another story .

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply